View Single Post
Old 30-03-2010, 20:23   #38
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: 'local only' via WGR614 wireless (Virgin Cable)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatwap View Post
Ok, I concur with your logic so was willing to settle for replacment modem as the next step (especially since the power cycle didin't work). The only thing which is troubling me was the advice from the Virgin tech support folks I spoke to who "confirmed" that both the USB and Ethernet MAC addresses of my modem were registered and ought to be able to be used - I've still got a feeling that only the USB MAC address is registered, hence why it's not illuminating the PC/Connectivity light when connected via Ethernet. Ideally, I'd love someone from Virgin to confirm...
More likely a faulty ethernet port and we have not actually supported USB for over 3 years.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote