View Single Post
Old 30-03-2010, 13:23   #180
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: Bring Back Fox Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart C View Post
Pest control is usually more efficient than Hunting. Hunting exists purely for the "entertainment" of it's participants. Nothing to do with keeping fox populations down..

When was the last time you saw a rat catcher turning up with a many other people (all on horses) and a load of dogs?

I actually have no problem with pest control. Foxes *are* a problem in some areas, and certainly *aren't* the cute and fluffy slightly wilder cousin of dogs that the anti fox hunting lobby would have us believe. I've seen what foxes can do to other animals. What I do have a problem with is the barbaric spectacle of Hunting.

I personally think the only reason this act was passed was because the cutesy,wutsey brigade got together with the anti snob guard and got their way.

I'm against fox hunting only because it's a very inefficient and cruel way of culling animals.In the 21st century we don't need it to control animal numbers when we have so much technology and rather more humane and smarter ways to cull a species that over breeds it's food supply. Far better a few healthy specimens living within the food-chain than too many with mange and other diseases associated with over breeding. I certainly haven't got anything against country folk actually controlling fox numbers.Foxes are NOT an endangered species.