View Single Post
Old 27-03-2010, 15:11   #77
rag3d
Inactive

rag3d will become famous soon enoughrag3d will become famous soon enoughrag3d will become famous soon enough
Re: Garden Dug Up and Cable installed on my property without knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayfair View Post
I would take the advice already offered, get a couple of chairs out and a few beers and just chill with the neighbour whilst having a bit of a giggle over the workmanship, then get your gardener to turf both sides and stick little hedge up.

Pretty much a win win.
Could'nt agree with you more but I think because of the actions of the contractors its going to take a little time.

---------- Post added at 15:11 ---------- Previous post was at 14:52 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
OK, I'm not a lawyer (so much for the caveat). I wouldn't expect any claim to allow betterment, i.e. the cost of the hedge. Unavoidable improvement, the provision of a reasonable quality lawn of new even turf over one that might have been perhaps a bit weedy should be allowed, unless the lawn really was in terrible order which your photos would suggest wasn't the case.

After that is a case for compensation, or in legal terms damages. That really is one that the ambulance chasing lawyers might be better off dealing with. Does your house insurance include any legal cover, some do. Might be worth a call to them if it does? Of course if BT/ Cobra or whoever is involved have any real sense they should have been making you a cash offer simply to shut you up. Did you ever get as far as serving a proper letter on them to make them sit up and take note, or is it still all oral stuff?
OK Rob your not a lawyer but your suggestion of laying new turf on top of whats there suggests you are not a gardener either. I have for 27 years mowed, spiked, fed and weeded the whole of that little garden to my enjoyment and to the satisfaction of each of the neighbours that have lived next to me in that time. Your suggestion is not a great improvement on Cobras answer which is to send a couple of blokes to tidy the garden.
If I have to pay or do it myself it will be done properly, I dont do short cuts.
rag3d is offline   Reply With Quote