View Single Post
Old 14-03-2010, 21:13   #1610
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010)

So we have had some great news in the last few weeks so I thought I would put a list together of what HD Virgin media offer/will be able to offer soon. What it can still get and what other HD service locked up by Sky and looking further afield what HD channels may launch this year in the UK.

Broadcasting on Virgin Media/Soon to be broadcasting

BBC HD
C4 HD
Discovery HD
ESPN HD
FX HD
MTV HD
Nat Geo HD
Living HD
Film4 HD
E4 HD
Europsport HD
ITV1 HD
Sci Fi HD

Still a possibility:

Crime and Investigation
History HD
Bio HD
Luxe.tv HD
Nat Geo Wild HD
Rush HD

Rumours circulating that a deal is done (though I have no inclination to believe this)

Sky Arts 1 HD
Sky Arts 2 HD
Sky Real Lives HD
Sky 1 HD

Pending OFCOM investigation outcome

Sky Sports
Sky Movies

Status unknown:

Disney Cinemagic HD - although Virgin did sign a new deal with Disney last year which included mobile and internet TV rights
MGM HD - No SD version to be covered by the rate card, 98% owned by BSkyB

Channels (rumoured) to be launching soon, have HD versions in Europe or are most likely to launch a HD version of a existing channel:

ESPNA HD
Animal Planet HD
Fashion TV HD
Sky Sports News
Sky News HD
Sky2 HD
Good Food HD
Five HD
CNN HD
Hallmark HD

Anyone any idea where Disney stand? They only seemed too pleased to deal with VM for ESPN.