View Single Post
Old 16-09-2009, 03:27   #14
frogstamper
Inactive

Services: VIP
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
Re: My free gift from Virgin Media :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameswales View Post
I have fixed line and broadband services through VM.

I received a letter from them today titled 'saying thank you, the Virgin Media way

The letter then went on to say that 'actions speak louder than words, and to say 'thanks for being such a brilliant customer' they would like offer me a value packed mobile deal for just £8.50 a month!!!!

What kind of a thank you is that? How on earth can can you thank me for being such a great customer by inviting me to set up yet another direct debit with you? What a cheek this is! It's a feeble attempt at marketing one of their mobile deals.

The letter then went on to say 'think of it as a thank you, from us to you' Signed Mark Davidson, Executive Director of Customer Care.

Well, Mark, please accept my middle finger as a gift from me to you.

What do you guys make of this marketing fail? Yes the deal is probably cheaper than elsewhere, and good if you are currently looking for a new contract - but what a cheek to send it masked as a big soppy thank you for the £60 I put in Mr. Virgin's pocket each month.

Does anyone have this Mark Davidsons office address? I want to send him a chocolate bar to show him what a gift really is....perhaps with a note saying:

You are such a great Executive Director, and to show my gratitude I'd like you to send me £5 each month for the next year....
Talking about insincere posts from utility companies my favorite was when I ditched BT for a VM phone line, about two months later I received a card with a bed of flowers on it and my name spelt out in flowers in the middle
Upon opening it it read, "We miss you Mr B***** and we want you back", it continued saying we may have made mistakes for which we are sorry, it read like a letter from a jilted boy/girlfriend:
I can't help wondering which suit thought this a good way of recovering lost customers.
As far as I'm aware BT are still pining over our lost relationship.:
frogstamper is offline   Reply With Quote