View Single Post
Old 28-08-2009, 13:05   #95
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Bring Back Fox Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angua View Post
There are a large number of stables locally and AFAIK none of them had any Hunt related activity so losing the hunting may not have had the huge impact those in favour would have us believe. The major impact would be on the hounds and their keepers as I could not imagine much happening to the "precious" horses.

In the grand scheme of things the decimation of the mining and steel industries had and still has a huge impact on areas of the country. Compared to this the loss of Hunting, one relatively small, non productive, unnecessary activity it pales into insignificance.
Careful, you're getting a little close to the sort of tawdry class rhetoric I'm sure you don't really subscribe to ... at least I hope you don't.

Nothing and nobody is insignificant, and we do well to remember that governments will always ultimately fail if they continually ignore problems that they consider too small to be worth their time.

Having said that, if hunting really is that insignificant it begs the question, why did this Labour Government dedicate such a vast amount of parliamentary time to banning it?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote