View Single Post
Old 20-05-2009, 15:58   #6
ShadowTD
Inactive

Services: 200Mb & SH2ac
ShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Media Center V+ replacement

Yeah, I started with the plan of getting a Geforce 9300 motherboard, but non were available. I stuck with Nvidia just in case I ever wanted to put MythTV on there, as the Nvidia Linux drivers are quite a bit better than ATI. I'm not too fussed about running an optical cable as well and it works fine with 5.1.

Media Center is pretty much the only option at the moment. This machine lives in the loft and will only be used to watch live stuff on BBC HD fairly occasionally. The main point is the two 360's in the living room and the bedroom (potential for a 3rd in the dining room) so all the recorded content is centralised.

As soon as Sage or GB-PVR offer extenders I can get for £130 I'll be all over them like a rash. I know the Xbox is a little noisy but I've learned to live with it.
ShadowTD is offline   Reply With Quote