Thread: US Timeline V - 2009 : Season 1
View Single Post
Old 29-01-2009, 10:31   #9
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: V (reboot) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_drinks_alot View Post
another thing that made the original v so good was the music it was so powerfull it was like it was a extra character in the show.
Argh ... you'll have me humming that all day!

Trivia time now. Am I right in thinking that the original miniseries, shown on consecutive nights by ITV during the 1984 Olympics, wasn't originally shown in a single block in the USA?

The theme tune changes halfway through, is why I'm asking. The best version is the one used during the second half of the miniseries. All heavy drums and a repetitive electric piano riff, with a subtly changing bass line. They used a different one for the full-length series that was made, which IIRC may have been the same as the first couple of eps of the mini?

Any V trivia buffs out there? I did watch the re-runs of this on Sci Fi a couple of years ago but I can't remember now.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote