Thread: US Timeline V - 2009 : Season 1
View Single Post
Old 28-01-2009, 14:47   #6
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: V (reboot) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart C View Post
I am looking forward to a V remake but one thing I hope they keep is the references to facism in this country.
I presume you mean in the US, rather than the UK?

Quote:
Kenneth Johnson has said that the original V was based (at least in part) on the treatment of other races/faiths (in particular, the Jewish) by the Nazis in the second world war.
I'm amazed he felt the need to say it, they really did lay it on with a trowel - to the point of having a token Jewish family on hand to explain how everyone should learn from the mistakes of the past.

I would like to see this done, but I'm just a tad concerned. Original BSG was tea-time cheese for kids so it was possible to re-do it without damaging the legacy of something that was hardly a classic first time round. Original V, on the other hand, is already the kind of gritty adult drama that new BSG is. All its really missing is 21st century production techniques.

To put it another way, I'm not convinced whether they really can 're-imagine' the concept in the way BSG was done; they are liable to simply end up with a re-make, and re-makes are, IMO, more often than not pointless and not an improvement on the original.

And what's V without Jane Badler anyway?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote