View Single Post
Old 25-10-2008, 12:25   #410
Turkey Machine
Inactive

Services: Company LLU internet, soon-to-be company FTTC internet at 56Mb/20Mb!
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze age
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze age
Re: Application Throttling/Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy
SO BEHAVE otherwise I'll sit on both of ya!!!!
That's an image I'd love to see!

<offtopic>Just for the record, I get 2.2Mbit down back home in Lowestoft, so they (the ISP) may well sell it at 2Mbit, 4Mbit, 8Mbit or whatever, but chances are it's a slight variation on what is actually sold to allow for overhead or something else, like distance from exchange, etc.</offtopic>

Anyway, before I take this thread further down the embankment....

Does anybody have any suggestions as to sharing the connection equally (say for 2Mbit, you give each person in a 4-bed flat 512Kbit) during peak-time hours on a router, to avoid going over the STM threshold during the daytime? For instance, can it be done with the Netgear router Virgin provide, or Belkin, or something else entirely? Ideally without having to install software on each computer...
Turkey Machine is offline   Reply With Quote