View Single Post
Old 08-09-2008, 17:06   #303
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Re: Application Throttling/Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by brundles View Post
I might have missed it, but is there any indication of how VM are planning on applying this?

24/7? Replacing STM during the current STM hours? In addition to STM to limit these more severely while relaxing STM for the others?

I'm just wondering whether VM are trying to ease up some congestion on their network (again) or encourage a large number of subscribers to downgrade/move.
What i want to know is why VM have not refuted this, Could it be that only a few weeks after they said they where not doing it, It now comes out that in fact they are doing it .

so VM Are you adding even more restrictions to our service so you can load even more customers on to the service or is this just a bad dream ????????.

I think i know what it is but it would be nice for you to answer as fast as you did last time

Quote:
“Virgin Media has an open and transparent traffic management policy listed at www.virginmedia.com/traffic. Our policy does not discriminate internet traffic by application and we have no plans to do so. Whilst we do use equipment from Allot within parts of our cable network, this is used to build usage metrics and does not affect customers’ service in any way. It is certainly not used to do any form of packet shaping or change internet traffic priorities.”

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote