View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008, 15:53   #273
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Re: Application Throttling/Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadbandings View Post
You're saying I talked down to you because I used basic english, then saying how you rarely talk in technical terms and are praised for it? I'm rather lost, and you're completely wrong. Properly implemented VPNs cannot be broken by any resource the human race has at this time, if it could there would be no secrets and governments would be merrily listening in to one another's 'secure' communications. They don't and can't.

A bit of reading for you, google these:

Internet Key Exchange
Public Key Cryptography
SHA-1 ( Secure Hashing Algorithm 1 )
AES ( Advanced Encryption Standard )

They will give you some insight as to why VPNs are unbreakable even if you own the network in between, as you will not be able to imitate either side of the conversation and the crypto in use is too strong to be broken within a lifetime.
I can assure they can be broke i have seen it be down and conversation between the two computers watched (no this was not illegal done it was legal test to prove nothing is 100%). I will say it again IT IS NOT EASY, it is very hard to break it, the only people that will do it is people wanting the information. but i aint going to argue about it, i know what i know you know what you know.
Andrewcrawford23 is offline   Reply With Quote