View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 00:43   #4
BexTech
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Cable TV (1TB Tivo) & Net, 120cm motorized satellite system.
BexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really niceBexTech is just really nice
Re: Virgin Mobile bundles

Yeah. But I am on Vodafone Family.

One person pays £5 per month or £7 (in our case) and all four people on the list can call each other for free any time (or 6 people in our case).

This means it costs me £1.17 (we share the cost) and we can all call each other.

£15 per month is almost £14 per month too much to be paying each and every month.

I am happy with paying £1.17.

I put £10 credit on my Vodafone mobile at Christmas and I still have over £9 left.

So you can see paying £15 per month to me is a rip-off and not worth it. As it is extremely rare I would call anyone who isn't on the Vodafone family list.

I do also have a Virgin Mobile for texting a friend on who also has Virgin and for when he calls me and I did use that for when abroad, but now use Vodafone with the passport.

Voicemail - SPIT - Doesn't matter how much it costs voicemail is always disabled on our phones as non of us likes the idea someone is getting fleeced to call us if they have to pay and hit voicemail. They don't get charged to hit a busy signal or out of service message, switched off message etc (though phone never switched off).

So o2 unlimited wouldn't be the cheapest, it would be almost £14 per month more than I'm paying now.

Other than calling people on our Vodafone family, mobile phones are for emergency or extremely shorts calls. Other calls can wait if out until we get home and use the landline or VoIP. I'm extremely tight-fisted and don't like wasting money on anything I don't have to. That's why I didn't have a landline for 3 years and went VoIP only until Virgin Media offered me in addition to my discounted TV and broadband, free install of landline, free line rental, free evening and weekend calls and free caller display for as long as I remain a customer.
BexTech is offline   Reply With Quote