View Single Post
Old 19-07-2008, 16:46   #56
chuzzlemonkey
Inactive

Services: V+ TV:XL Broadband:XL Telco:XL
chuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quadschuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quadschuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quadschuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quadschuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quadschuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quadschuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quadschuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quadschuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quadschuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quadschuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quadschuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quadschuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quadschuzzlemonkey has a fine set of Quads
Re: Have you been charged for premium calls that you didnt make?

Back to the very original point of this thread...did you check with the premium call regulator as to who these numbers belong to.

From experience it can (not saying it was) be a company who you have dealt with at some point in the last month and forgotten about.

www.phonepayplus.org.uk

bash the number into their website and see what it says...

---------- Post added at 16:46 ---------- Previous post was at 16:43 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by harky View Post
The same thing has just happened to me. I live in North London. Only been with VM for two weeks and didn't actually want the phone in the first place (was told by the sales guy that I might aswell have it cos it was free with the package I ordered). Had all services cut off when a bill to premium rate calls reached £160. I was told in order to get the services back that at least £150 needed to be paid, which I foolishly did. Unfortunately this only lasted 3 days and I was cut off again when I was told I had a new bill exceeding £260, despite having the phone cut off. An engineer is coming out tomorrow, after reading this I was thinking I should probably get him to sign something there and then to say what's happening as CS will deny everything. I've emailed Watchdog and intend to contact Trading Services, after that the Police. VM are a joke - I was also told that this has never happened before
100% that somebody else in the property didn't call the numbers?

Let us know what the tech says - customer services can't confirm or deny anything, they just get to see that the call was made...and then they get to see the technicians notes after visiting yourself.

So if its on the bill and the tech says the call is valid...customer services will just tell you the same thing!
chuzzlemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote