View Single Post
Old 17-07-2008, 16:49   #19
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Re: Ebay Adchoice - Another Profiling System?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
So this system applies only to your visits to ebay? They are using your visits to the ebay site to show advets on the ebay site? Is that so bad? By going to any site you give away information to that website owner as to what you are doing during your browsing of it. All ebay are doing it making a more obvious use of those statistics when you are on their site.

Or am I missing something
No they also pop adverts into partner sites as well. Which means they are keep track of the sites you visit via cookies.
Quote:

Advertising Preferences

Use my information to show me relevant ads from eBay's ad network partners
Use my information to show me relevant eBay ads on other sites
That to me means they were going to track my movements across sites.

We ether put our foot down and say no to all this tracking crap or role over and let them shaft us.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote