View Single Post
Old 27-06-2008, 22:32   #179
dragon
Inactive

dragon has reached the bronze age
dragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze age
Re: Application Throttling/Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
I dont know of any isps openly advertising they dont throttle other than aaisp and only on their own website. The biggest marketing tool in the uk at current is low price followed by high burst speed. Its why various adsl isps have no issue selling a 24mbit product for £10 that less than 1% of people will get that speed and is clearly oversold. I do know of isps saying that the fact they throttle as well is to improve your connection so they sometimes use it as a selling point. Throttling/shaping has infected the uk marketplace and is considered as normal practice now and is very worrying.
BE*, they have a FUP to cover themselves but i've never known them to actually contact anyone about their usage.
dragon is offline   Reply With Quote