View Single Post
Old 25-06-2008, 16:46   #145
grubbymitts
Inactive

grubbymitts has a fine set of Quadsgrubbymitts has a fine set of Quadsgrubbymitts has a fine set of Quadsgrubbymitts has a fine set of Quadsgrubbymitts has a fine set of Quadsgrubbymitts has a fine set of Quadsgrubbymitts has a fine set of Quadsgrubbymitts has a fine set of Quadsgrubbymitts has a fine set of Quadsgrubbymitts has a fine set of Quadsgrubbymitts has a fine set of Quadsgrubbymitts has a fine set of Quadsgrubbymitts has a fine set of Quadsgrubbymitts has a fine set of Quads
Re: Application Throttling/Management

but Phorm hasn't actually been rolled out yet though, has it? Again, it's an idea (a bad one) that's being looked into. It will all come down to whether VM can make money out of it that overrides any bad PR. It's not unknown for companies to turn around and say to their customers and the public, "Hey, we looked at it, but our customers didn't like it so we said no!" even when it's been hanging around in the background for months/years ready for implementation.

But, let's not turn this into a debate over Phorm - there's a thread for that. I'm not saying throttling hasn't been discussed and that the technology isn't there to implement it. I'm just saying that until we get proof that it will be operating, people need to chill.

So many tech people and others in VM don't like Traxdata these days due to his previous leaks that he may be being fed duff info. I'd certainly do it on him if I was someone bearing a grudge in VM just to discredit him with an "official denial".

He could also be telling us all big old porkies just for kicks - this is the internet after all
grubbymitts is offline   Reply With Quote