View Single Post
Old 15-05-2008, 11:42   #6654
OF1975
Inactive

OF1975 will become famous soon enoughOF1975 will become famous soon enoughOF1975 will become famous soon enough
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dephormation View Post
It was the Metropolitan Police who prosecuted Clive Goodman for intercepting Royal voicemail... which seems a trivial thing to do in comparison to the trials in 2006/7.

I couldn't find out which force prosecuted Stanford, but I found this QC's CV.

The Royal Family got justice. Its well past time 38,000+ ordinary people had the same protection IMHO.

Update; This article claims the 'UK National Hi-Tech Crime Unit' prosecuted Stanford...
Update #2; NHTCU disbanded in 2006 replaced by e-Crime Unit of SOCA

Pete
Interesting information. Needless to say that I haven't received a response at all from the computer crime unit of the metropolitan police and IIRC I posted the letter about 3 weeks ago or more. Most disappointing but hardly surprising. This afternoon and tomorrow I will work on a letter to the Metropolitan Police Authority complaining about the lack of an investigation. I just wish I had been part of illegal trials of 2006 and 2007 as then I could really push this avenue hard.

On another note, just to update people, its now fast approaching the 8 week mark since I posted my letter to Liberty so if past information is correct about them usually taking 8 weeks to respond I hope to have a reply from them shortly.

I have also yet to receive any kind of response from the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals which I am very surprised about given the considerably thorny issue of consent vis-a-vis library internet access.