View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 18:21   #2285
SMHarman
Inactive

Services: Cablevision
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mart44 View Post
I don't know what to think about Phorm. I didn't object to WGA and haven't suffered any ill-effects so far from allowing it onto the system. I think that's my own practical yardstick. I'm not particularly worried by Internet privacy providing nothing affects everyday life, which it hasn't so far. This has been the attitude for around eight years now, so perhaps that's a reasonable trial.
WGA was done very publicly and with detailed explanation of the reasons, what it does how it works and how for any legitimatly licenced person there will be no effect. Microsoft needed to do something when their software is so widespread and easy to copy.
Compare to how Sony installed rootkit software on peoples PCs when they played certain CDs to achieve the same objective of preventing copyright theft.
Here we have another ex-rootkit company trying to install software at our ISPs.