View Single Post
Old 22-03-2008, 21:46   #1640
ceedee
cf.geek

Services: 100Mb VM Broadband
ceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond reputeceedee has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowrebmit View Post
If the ISP (and Phorm) stick to the view that none of your personal data is being sent to Phorm, whilst nicely mis-directing the ICO away from the profiling equipment installed in the ISP network, what good is the DPA notice if all your IP traffic is still going to go through that profiling equipment?
If they're 'allowed' to break the law, then of course our legal 'rights' under that law are useless.
(Although I'm fairly sure that it would be appealled pretty fast -- the minor publicity storm has attracted some powerful supporters.)

And even if we 'win' the right to keep Phorm away from our clickstreams, I wouldn't be at all surprised if this is only the first, stumbling attempt at (ab)using our browsing/connection data.
I suspect that it's worth too much money for them to leave it alone.