Thread: Rugby Rugby Union Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 12:45   #165
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: Rugby Union

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Sorry Russ but I don't know anyone who seeks out or enjoys the sort of media hype (unduly positive or excessively negative) which happens when England play. These forums are full of stories about media hype - are the English to blame for that. How much hype has there been in Wales about the so called new Welsh generation over the last few years?
If the English hype was limited to Enlgish-only publications then I wouldn't have anything to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Sorry Russ but not much of what you say about England and the English in this context is rational but that doesn't stop you does it. The truth is that had Wales gone on to win the cup having scored no tries at all you wouldn't have complained so why do you expect us to? England did what they had to do to beat a team with a better back division - they learned their lesson from 1991 when sadly they reacted to similar pathetic baiting by Campese and the like and it cost them the cup. It won't happen again because they know it's just so much hot air from sad mean spirited people who rely on that sort of thing to disguise their own shortcomings.
If you read my post I did say that a win is a win - my reason for posting was to make sure no-one read anything more in to the victory than it was - a scraped win

---------- Post added at 12:45 ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
I am sure you are just as proud of your English heritage as your Welsh
Put it this way - I feel about as English as you feel Welsh

Vote #AnyoneButTory