View Single Post
Old 26-02-2007, 15:13   #30
Logan
Inactive

Services: Sky+ NTL 10mb
Logan is just really niceLogan is just really niceLogan is just really niceLogan is just really niceLogan is just really niceLogan is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Logan
Re: Carling Cup Final

Was a good game. First half was all about Arsenal's youngsters, and I was glad to see Walcott bag a goal (even though I'm a Chelsea fan). Pity he was the only youngster on show for England though. Arsenal's team was all about the future of 'World' football.

Chelsea, IMO, owned the second half. Experience, strength and stamina prevailed.

I felt sick when JT hit the ground like a sack of spuds, though relieved he was back in the dressing room after the match. Hard as nails!

Anyone who says the Carling Cup is worthless, is just bitter. At the end of the day, its the first piece of silverware in the cabinet. The players yesterday, on both sides, certainly didn't think it was worthless.

As for the 'Chelsea bought their trophies' and various other money related bull**** comments - meh. Chelsea were on the up for years prior to Abramovich's involvement and the previous couple of managers were slowly building a fantastic framework at the club. Of course the Russian's money helped but it wasn't the answer to everything. Look at Real Madrid - perfect example of a rich club with money spent on world class players, but you can't throw them together without any good direction and force them to gel. They certainly aren't winning trophies left, right and center. When Mourinho joined the club we peaked. He's a good manager, and good managers make a difference.

Back-to-back title winners - that's no easy achievment. If the money makes a difference, how come all of a sudden this year Utd are leading the pack?

Money isn't everything. A lot of football is all to do with injuries, performance levels, moral and above all - a large portion of luck.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote