Thread: Chipped boxes
View Single Post
Old 18-10-2004, 16:33   #37
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Chipped boxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo
There is an initiative underway to recover those DSTBs out there that should have been collected when the subscriber disconnected. The Converter Recovery team are on 0800 052 6178, if you have (or know of) a DSTB that needs collecting.
My service ends next month when I move house off-net. I'll certainly be giving these people a call.

I have no intention of posting the thing anywhere, even though it was recently posted in another thread on here that such an obligation exists within NTL's terms of use. No doubt some bean counter at head office thought that was a really clever condition to impose, pushing the financial cost of returning boxes onto the ex-subscriber rather than NTL footing it through techs' time wasted visiting houses just to pick up boxes. In the long run, however, all it has done is to provide a ready supply of unwanted boxes for the chippers to modify and sell on.

Hoist by their own petard, as they say.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote