Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   As we see FTSE100 bosses payrise go up 11% is it time for fixed wage increase (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33687555)

mertle 09-05-2012 14:49

As we see FTSE100 bosses payrise go up 11% is it time for fixed wage increase

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17996094

As even cross board payincrease 3% creates a slowly division is it time now for fixed wage increase structure in pay.

Say company wants to reward his staff they all get £50 including ceo.

It keeps parity of wage structure. Those who work see it not diversion greed.

Have we over the years ignored the paygap structure is this reason for western economy failure.

Have the companies lost sight of core values likely who will be the buyers of there products.

I read this article thought why CEO success linked to shares. Surely number factors should be considered not whether company lost 25% share value. Have we lost sight theres always going to fluctuations.

Cynic in me shareholders only interested in shareholders not company best interest. Same with some CEO only interested in himself dont care the next gravy is only around corner.

Even if did not get another job he made man. So should businesses finally look after its staff, customers and business.

Now should governments be bolder in controls or should we not do anything. My worry is the notion market forces causes equalibriam it has not worked. Greed taken over maybe time be stricter.

Could it be time to be stricter on pay levels increases/bonuses. What about if CEO gets bonus workers should too.

RizzyKing 09-05-2012 17:31

Re: As we see FTSE100 bosses payrise go up 11% is it time for fixed wage increase

All that needs to happen is common sense coming back no more paying large amounts for lousy performance all pay should be linked to performance and under those circumstances i don't think anyone would have a problem. I also think pay should be a two way system if you don't perform well your pay can be reduced nto automatically rise each year. We really need to be careful in the UK because we are on the verge of another witchhunt against successful people that this country desperately needs more of because there are sections of society that cannot see past their own envy on this subject.

TheDaddy 09-05-2012 18:12

Re: As we see FTSE100 bosses payrise go up 11% is it time for fixed wage increase

Quote:

Originally Posted by RizzyKing (Post 35425603)
All that needs to happen is common sense coming back no more paying large amounts for lousy performance all pay should be linked to performance and under those circumstances i don't think anyone would have a problem. I also think pay should be a two way system if you don't perform well your pay can be reduced nto automatically rise each year. We really need to be careful in the UK because we are on the verge of another witchhunt against successful people that this country desperately needs more of because there are sections of society that cannot see past their own envy on this subject.

All that really needs to happen is for shareholders to actually show up at agms and vote against these ludicrous pay deals and pension providers are the worst culprit when it comes to non attendance, especially aggravating when you consider how many shares in these companies they hold.

mertle 09-05-2012 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by RizzyKing (Post 35425603)

see where you coming from rizzy but even if like said would been sensible we would seen this issue hit 20-50 years from know.

I not sure about pay shrink as you cant do it for the top without bottom would be not right morally. I am not sure its witchunt more for pay to be come sensible. Pay bonuses to be more sensible. I know why you saying it the fear for brain drain in this case CEO's will go seak fortunes elsewhere cripple other countries. Problem this thinking its happening globally. Us having the same oposition to these payoffs. Infact more inclined it maybe the demise of massive global businesses. I am sure at some point we will see legislation to break them up.

It exscelated due to greed I saw the ex retired CEO cant remember his name on BEEB.

He talked alot sense said the modern CEO got to show huge responsibily.

TheDaddy sadly many wont as they either been there done it on the tin hense some votings been close. Its basically cartel situation where shareholders get nice payoff to keep quiet. Last few years there nest egg dwindled only now they moan.

Thats why think the government not going far enough. Deals will be made to keep shareholders happy while payoffs lavish saleries continue.

Like Ex CEO said these madern CEO need to learn to show more responsibility or be legislated too. that could be links to bottom paid workers can only earn 10 times theres salery as example. Still would give them lavish pay and if they want super pay then increase workers to get the pay.

Not say 10 times absolute we could say 15 but it would then make index link to pay scale for companies.

I know many say we should not interfere but I cant see common sense like rizzy says happen unless legislation does it.

If we can get this as Europe system even world stage theres then safety net.

Ignitionnet 10-05-2012 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35425626)
All that really needs to happen is for shareholders to actually show up at agms and vote against these ludicrous pay deals and pension providers are the worst culprit when it comes to non attendance, especially aggravating when you consider how many shares in these companies they hold.

What he said. Remuneration committees tend to consist of the same old faces voting one another's huge pay rises and bonus packages through regardless of how the company performs.