Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   TiVo : TiVo performance. (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33685723)

SkyFTW 19-02-2012 15:35

TiVo performance.

Could a TiVo user post a video of a TiVo being used in the real world? Someone just do video of scrolling through menus going into various ondemand sections ect? Accessing apps..

Doz007 19-02-2012 16:07

Re: TiVo performance.

http://youtu.be/D48z5ep71zQ?hd=1

Here's one I made earlier. It gives a good indication of the TiVo speed when running the new 15.2 software. :)

kop32 19-02-2012 16:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doz007 (Post 35384519)
http://youtu.be/D48z5ep71zQ?hd=1

Here's one I made earlier. It gives a good indication of the TiVo speed when running the new 15.2 software. :)

Sorry Fella but if that is an improved software version then am I glad I sent mine back after a week!!,it appears painfully slow IMO.

denphone 19-02-2012 16:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by kop32 (Post 35384524)
Sorry Fella but if that is an improved software version then am I glad I sent mine back after a week!!,it appears painfully slow IMO.

But you are judging it on just your own experience and that in no way represents what the TiVo is like.:rolleyes:

kop32 19-02-2012 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35384526)
But you are judging it on just your own experience and that in no way represents what the TiVo is like.:rolleyes:

Err,read my post Den I am judging it by the youtube video in the previous post,I also feel qualified to base my judgement on my own experience of TiVo am I not?:confused:

andy_m 19-02-2012 16:20

In fairness, that video is representative of Tivo's speed. Most of us were used to something much slower by the time 15.2 came along, of course, so it still feels quick.

denphone 19-02-2012 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by kop32 (Post 35384529)
Err,read my post Den I am judging it by the youtube video in the previous post,I also feel qualified to base my judgement on my own experience of TiVo am I not?:confused:

One weeks experience in my mind is not enough time to judge anything but we all have our differing opinions on things and there is nothing wrong with that.:)

SkyFTW 19-02-2012 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35384537)
One weeks experience in my mind is not enough time to judge anything but we all have our differing opinions on things and there is nothing wrong with that.:)

Well "DEN" you have clearly stated before that you have never used a Sky hd box but you constantly tell us how the TiVo is much better.

An thats with zero experience.

kop32 19-02-2012 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35384537)

Den,without getting into the Sky/TiVo debate,all PVR's should be at their quickest when first used (empty(ish) HDD etc),so if I wasn't happy after a week I would hardly be any happier in the next few months.

Doz007 19-02-2012 16:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by kop32 (Post 35384524)

Don't be sorry mate, I agree. I've just had Sky installed this morning and my new 1TB box feels blazing fast in comparison. TiVo is certainly an improvement over the V+ box though in terms of speed & responsiveness. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy_m (Post 35384530)
In fairness, that video is representative of Tivo's speed. Most of us were used to something much slower by the time 15.2 came along, of course, so it still feels quick.

Couldn't have put it better myself mate that is TiVo in everyday conditions. Don't get me wrong TiVo is a great bit of kit and I didn't leave it behind without serious consideration. The speed wasn't particularly an issue for me because as you say it feels quick compared to V+.

kop32 19-02-2012 16:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyFTW (Post 35384540)
Well "DEN" you have clearly stated before that you have never used a Sky hd box but you constantly tell us how the TiVo is much better.

"Ouch"............:D

denphone 19-02-2012 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyFTW (Post 35384540)

Mmmmm excuse me but my parents have a Sky HD box and l often use it when l am down there so l have got some experience and my view as good as the Sky Box is it does not have the functional capabilitys of a what a TiVo box can functionaly do in the future so it is limited to some extent by this and that is why the TiVo in the next few years will have a clear advantage in my mind.

---------- Post added at 15:35 ---------- Previous post was at 15:34 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by kop32 (Post 35384543)
"Ouch"............:D

Is something hurting you my dear chap.:D

Digital Fanatic 19-02-2012 16:35

To be fair the Sky+HD box has a lot less to do/process as there is not much to them. Nice box's, but low on features... My sister has a Sky+HD 1TB box.

The TiVo box is graphics/picture content rich. :)

andy_m 19-02-2012 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by kop32 (Post 35384541)
Den,without getting into the Sky/TiVo debate,all PVR's should be at their quickest when first used (empty(ish) HDD etc),so if I wasn't happy after a week I would hardly be any happier in the next few months.

The only caveat to that being that for reasons I still don't think we're sure of (ie second core or just improved code) the Virgin Tivo has since it was first launched, and is also known to need a week or so to "settle down" with some users reporting a noticeable improvement after this time, myself amongst them.

kop32 19-02-2012 16:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35384546)
Mmmmm excuse me but my parents have a Sky HD box and l often use it when l am down there so l have got some experience and my view as good as the Sky Box is it does not have the functional capabilitys of a what a TiVo box can functionaly do in the future so it is limited to some extent by this and that is why the TiVo in the next few years will have a clear advantage in my mind.

---------- Post added at 15:35 ---------- Previous post was at 15:34 ----------

Is something hurting you my dear chap.:D

My sides laughing.......:D:D