Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   SD : Outage TW7 - No TV Etc (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704785)

Arthurgray50@blu 20-04-2017 21:56

Outage TW7 - No TV Etc

I have tonight had the worst conversation going with CS.

My mother in law who depends on VM for TV. Has had NO service in the TW7 area all day.

CS have told her it ill not be back until 26 APRIL

Just spoke with India, who didn't have a clue of what is happening. Didn't sky for a Postcode or Password just simply argued that the call MUST be made by the customer. And that on his screen there is NO problem.

After a 30 minute wait. An assistant was very insistence that the problem is with On demand. But when l explained that it was ALL TV. He kept saying that the fault will be fixed by 28th:mad:

Is anyone else having problems with there service.

Why cant they have a CS in the UK

djfunkdup 20-04-2017 22:27

Re: very rude - TW7 problems - NO TV ETC

They do have UK based support/cs but you need to call in before 8pm

Mad Max 21-04-2017 00:07

Re: very rude - TW7 problems - NO TV ETC

Arthur you are totally correct about cs in India or wherever they are, they are totally useless, they read off a crib sheet, and are often called Frank or Linda by name, lol, I mean I ask you, anyway don't ever speak to them, go straight for the "I am leaving" option, and speak to retentions mate..

OLD BOY 21-04-2017 09:44

Re: Very rude - TW7 problems - No TV Etc

Sorry to hear of this problem, Arthur. My TV went completely black as I was watching it the other day. It turned out that the HDMI cable into the TV was not quite in properly and the picture was restored as I touched it. That might be worth a try - see if all your cables into the TV and the set top box are properly in.

I assume you have already tried re-booting it.

Stephen 21-04-2017 10:27

I would not call them rude, they were correct in that they need to speak to the account holder for data protection and security reasons. That is normal when calling any company, unless you are a named contact on the account.

VM have plenty of UK customer service. There are two big call centres in Scotland but you have to call at certain times of the day to make sure you speak to them.

In fact I am sure you have been told this before in another rant about CS not helping when you called about your mum's account.

Arthurgray50@blu 21-04-2017 10:37

Re: Outage TW7 - No TV Etc

Cheers Stephen for that. My name is on the account for her
She is 85. BUT. They didnt ask for anything. This is not the first time it has happened. There have engineers, or so called engineers. Its not another rant. VM dont give a damn. I have been given some awful excuses by VM on why there is a problem. The only time they act is if you threaten to leave. But why wait one week for normal service. I wanted to do part time work with them many years ago. Even staff l went with didnt care about the customer. I quit half way through the day.

japitts 21-04-2017 12:49

After a couple of specific instances of trying to report OnDemand faults to offshore-CS, it's become quite obvious they have no hands-on experience of using VM services...I can't imagine why.

To call them script-reading robots, is to put it politely. But.... they're cheap, and on every measurable scale that VM's accountants can probably see, they're ticking the boxes.

Raider999 21-04-2017 14:22

Have had problems with tv over the last week (and broadband)

Technician came today checked signal - very weak. Went to road cabinet and moved me up pecking order all now ok.

This is probably the answer to my pixelation problems as well (in his opinion).

These problems have been getting worse over the last few weeks, it is highly possible that I was moved down the pecking order by virgin networkers at some stage recently which has caused my problems.

japitts 21-04-2017 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35895710)
VM have plenty of UK customer service. There are two big call centres in Scotland but you have to call at certain times of the day to make sure you speak to them.

Just on this specific point, some might say that it's better to be answered offshore than not be answered at all.

The other argument is that any firm who takes customer-service seriously enough, resources their UK call-centres well enough to cope. I could name examples, but that's going OT.

IMO VM might well have plenty of UK-CS. But if you have to call at certain times to get them, then it's not plenty enough.

RichardCoulter 22-04-2017 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by japitts (Post 35895730)
After a couple of specific instances of trying to report OnDemand faults to offshore-CS, it's become quite obvious they have no hands-on experience of using VM services...I can't imagine why.

To call them script-reading robots, is to put it politely. But....they're cheap and on every measurable scale that VM's accountants can probably see, they're ticking the boxes.

Cheap, exactly.

pip08456 22-04-2017 16:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35895797)
Cheap, exactly.

Considering you earlier posts elsewhere about wanting a deal and you weren't happy with what was offered.which led to you to contact a management contact so that the sevice was cheap then you have got what you asked for.

RichardCoulter 22-04-2017 21:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 35895802)
Considering you earlier posts elsewhere about wanting a deal and you weren't happy with what was offered.which led to you to contact a management contact so that the sevice was cheap then you have got what you asked for.

It's not like you to use such poor grammar and spelling without the correct punctuation.

I have no idea what you are talking about :confused:

OLD BOY 22-04-2017 22:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35895797)
Cheap, exactly.

Cheap = lower bills.

Arthurgray50@blu 22-04-2017 23:08

What you pay for, is no excuse for bad management. I get increasing fed up witth Companies using oversea's CS offices.

I have spoken to Delhi, Liverpool and l find that CS is that bad. You feel that you want to throw VM out the window.

My mother in law is like any other customer of VM and should be treated with respect and not given the crap that we get from CS.

Then you get told that they have to receive more than FIVE calls concerning the same problem before they take action.

I spoke with a sales rep in Hounslow, and asked him several questions about the service. He told me that he would run a service Health check on our system, and call us later that day. He didn't.

No matter how much we pay for the service, we should still be treated as a customer. And not just an account, and respect

The guy l spoke to in India, was rude and arrogant. And didn't have a clue to what l was asking.

OLD BOY 22-04-2017 23:20

I agree that you shouldn't get a poor service, Arthur, but using Indian call centres off peak reduces bills. You get what you pay for, I guess. Would you be prepared to pay more to have all CS in the UK?

Having said that, I have not had a single bad experience with Virgin Media CS or with any of their predecessors - that is what I know on a personal basis.

I did get through to an Indian call centre on one occasion - my only complaint there was that I found it difficult to understand him - but he did resolve a problem that had been puzzling me for months.