Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media News Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Rentions phone number (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33627004)

ginge51 14-01-2008 18:36

Rentions phone number

Hi :)

I've been paying like 10 per month for 2 meg broadband but now It's gone back to there normal 14.95 price so I'm going to ring up retentions and tell them that i have been offered a better broadband plus speed service from bethere so if they don't offer me aa better package I'll be leaving asap.
I'll say it nicley though :)
So has somebody got there number so i can ring them up please?

dcclanuk 14-01-2008 18:40

Re: Rentions phone number

Pretty sure it is 0800 052 9403:D

lostandconfused 14-01-2008 18:41

0845 454 1111 option 4 option 2
if you have a vm phone 150 same options

Richy99 15-01-2008 10:36

lets hope they dont match it and you have to leave instead of threatening to just to get a lower price

Nedkelly 15-01-2008 22:44

I have heared that some times they will not give deals out and accept your request to canx .My uncle did this and the called his bluff and accepted his notice he rang me up and told me i had to laugh:D well you have to pay the normal price now like most people do .He did try later on and got no where .There must be a new policy there :)

Sirius 16-01-2008 00:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richy99 (Post 34470700)
lets hope they dont match it and you have to leave instead of threatening to just to get a lower price

Yep

Retentions need to be getting tough and calling peoples bluff all the time. :)

giantsf49er 16-01-2008 15:59

Whats so wrong with customers negotiating a better than advertised price for themselves?

Companies do it so why shouldnt we?

How many of you have renewed a mobile contract and paid the full price for a new phone?

BenMcr 16-01-2008 16:37

Negotating on equipment/install costs is different than rental.

Mobile phone companies may thrown in a free headset etc or knock money off the phone itself, but won't budge on the tariff

Akia 16-01-2008 17:47

Don't forget that most Retentions staff arn't stupid, and know what you can actually get from other companies.

Also don't forget that to get BE you need to include line rental in the cost. And if you've already got a BT line and you ended up with me then I'd only be offering you a package that included the line rental in with the bbi.

giantsf49er 16-01-2008 18:56

Every customer is entitled to negotiate for the best possible price for their own needs at the time that they need them.

If the OP wants to negotiate a better deal he/she is free to do so. May they get a drop in price, maybe they get a faster connection.

Mobile phone operators may not negotiate on price, but they can and do negotiate on inclusive minutes and sms.

For posters to come on here and tell the OP he is wrong for doing exactly what he is entitled to do is rediculous.

BenMcr 16-01-2008 19:27

Actually if he wishes to try that its his choice. never said he couldn't.

What was being discussed is the overall attitude, from my point of view anyway, of signing up knowing the price of the services, having it installed and THEN trying to negotiate

Sky are actually very tough on people doing that these days. Basically say, unless you add a service, go away.

Negotiation is just that, give and take. Virgin Customer Relations will give you a better price if you take more services ;)

They are trying to stop the 'I was on this deal that I knew was for 12 months, now it has stopped and I want it again without doing anything in return'.

giantsf49er 16-01-2008 21:25

Alternatively, as I believe the OP is coming to the end of his 12 month contract he could be ringing them up and saying 'thank you very much for the 12 months service. I was so happy with it I am now prepared to offer you £xx.xx in return for agreeing to another 12 month contract.'

Matth 16-01-2008 22:43

Point is, unless you are ON a deal, the standard tariffs of many other providers knock seven bells out of Virginmedia, and the quality of VM's service does not stand out enough to be worth the premium.

It's fair to say that cable does not have the ADSL distance issues to prevent the full speeds, but there are plenty of other things stopping cable reaching full speed, from STM restrictions to overcommitted UBRs and rather doubtful links and routing.

BenMcr 16-01-2008 23:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by giantsf49er (Post 34471714)
Alternatively, as I believe the OP is coming to the end of his 12 month contract he could be ringing them up and saying 'thank you very much for the 12 months service. I was so happy with it I am now prepared to offer you £xx.xx in return for agreeing to another 12 month contract.'

And unless it is part of what Customer Relations are allow to do, they will go "Thank you but no thank you, your disconnection has now been booked"

In relation to what they have to offer to broadband only customers, I believe it is nothing. Any Customer Relation offer requires at least two services

---------- Post added at 23:46 ---------- Previous post was at 23:43 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matth (Post 34471758)
Point is, unless you are ON a deal, the standard tariffs of many other providers knock seven bells out of Virginmedia, and the quality of VM's service does not stand out enough to be worth the remium.

So £9 per month for broadband is not competative?

Visitor 17-01-2008 10:16

When you ring retentions, don’t start off by talking about closing your account :) You wont get a very good deal.

Start by introducing yourself, how long you have been a customer (The longer the better) Ask the person for his/her name, and use the name when addressing them.

Bob, its like this, I have been a NTL customer for a number of years now, but I'm finding that my broadband speed is not anywhere near what it should be, I have had the engineers out twice now, and they tell me it’s the best I can expect.

Bob, I like NTL but the TV service is very poor, lots of repeats, and to be honest I cant justify keeping it at this price, while other companies are cheaper.

Bob, I don’t make many phone calls, but when I do, they cost me more than other companies.

So Bob, can you help me ?, I don’t want to move away from NTL, and customer services said you will help me. So can you offer me a better deal than I have already got ?

When Bob starts talking, shut up and listen, perhaps make the odd mmmmm sound, or the odd sigh, but don’t except what he says just yet, if he prompts you for an answer, talk about your problems again. :)

Disclaimer
All characters portrayed in this post are purely fictional. NTL is quoted not Virgin Media which portrays you have been a customer for some time. Any sounds you make while listening to Bob, should be negative sounds, don’t make any sound that makes Bob think your happy.

Finally if Bob is reading this, thanks for the super deal, sorry to hear you lost your job