Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Billing Issues (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Thinking of getting rid of VM TV (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704390)

Hector's House 01-02-2017 17:47

Thinking of getting rid of VM TV

Hello,

I currently have M+, vivid 150 broadband and evenings and weekend phone, for which I pay £62.05 per month. I am not on a contract.

I haven't used the TiVo box for some time and in fact it has been switched off for most of that time. I tried switching it on the other day and got a message saying I had to call vm to reconnect it. at this point I thought "do I need it?"

Can anyone give me an idea of how much I would pay if I got rid of the vm tv and kept the broadband and phone?

thanks in advance

Taf 01-02-2017 18:55

Re: Thinking of getting rid of VM TV

VM's costing is a magical thing, lose one thing, pay more. The only way is to ask them I've found.

Hector's House 01-02-2017 19:03

I had a feeling someone would say that.

spiderplant 01-02-2017 19:06

Not really what you were asking, but if you leave the TiVo switched on it'll probably reactivate itself in a few hours automatically.

Ken W 01-02-2017 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taf (Post 35883541)
VM's costing is a magical thing, lose one thing, pay more. The only way is to ask them I've found.

Like wise.

I am on TV TiVo land line (which I pay annually) BB 100 MB/s, I wanted drop the TV and TiVo and keep BB 100 MB/s and landline but it would cost more.

Hector's House 01-02-2017 19:20

Thank you both for that, I'm wondering if going down to M and keeping the box

Ken W 01-02-2017 19:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hector's House (Post 35883547)
Thank you both for that, I'm wondering if going down to M and keeping the box

I am sure they will insist on 12 contract

Hector's House 01-02-2017 21:44

I am expecting that, but thanks for mentioning it.

---------- Post added at 21:44 ---------- Previous post was at 19:54 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 35883543)
Not really what you were asking, but if you leave the TiVo switched on it'll probably reactivate itself in a few hours automatically.

it did thanks again for the tip

Wild Oscar 10-02-2017 20:15

The minimum TV service is free with the phone, it is for me anyway!

OhReally 10-02-2017 21:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hector's House (Post 35883524)
Hello,

I currently have M+, vivid 150 broadband and evenings and weekend phone, for which I pay £62.05 per month. I am not on a contract.

I haven't used the TiVo box for some time and in fact it has been switched off for most of that time. I tried switching it on the other day and got a message saying I had to call vm to reconnect it. at this point I thought "do I need it?"

Can anyone give me an idea of how much I would pay if I got rid of the vm tv and kept the broadband and phone?

thanks in advance

If you have a mobile with unlimited minutes, you can do what we did.

Cancel the TV, cancel the phone, we kept only BB (@50 - more than enough for a house with 2 people, neither of whom game or do anything like netflix).

cost 32.25