Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Job interview with JET2....help needed! (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37216)

shredder 26-10-2005 18:35

Job interview with JET2....help needed!

Hello!

As the title may suggest I have a job interview in the morning for Cabin Crew with Jet2! I really really want this job and I'm looking forward to the interview!

I need some help1 I know some of what's in store. I have to stand up and tell everyone (all applicants) why i want to work for Jet2. I can't think what to say it's just something i want to do! So can you guys give me some advice on what to say? I also need to say what my weaknesses are, but I can't think what to say to also make it sound positive and not too bad.

The final and worst thing is i will get given a product to stand up and sell to everyone, any tips? i'm really not good on sales!

Help :Yikes:

Kimberley x

Scrubbs 26-10-2005 18:51

Re: Job interview with JET2....help needed!

do your research NOW, I guess it's an airline?
where do they fly too/from, what is their advertising slogans, what market are they aiming for.
Start with a script, write it out and try it out on someone
Look above their heads for most of the time but don't avoid eye contact( it helps you concentrate)
Dress for business,sort it out the night before(that will be tonight then:rolleyes: )
Get an early alcahol free night
make sure you know exactly where it is and how to get there and how long it takes to travel( book your taxi/lift, is there petrol in the car?
Look at selling something as if you want to buy it yourself?
And most important..

KEEP SMILING:)

shredder 26-10-2005 19:01

Yes they're a Manchester based airline. I've got the outfit sorted and i've researched the company, i just keep going blank when i think of these questions!

homealone 26-10-2005 19:11

how about you want to work for them...

because you welcome the opportunity to broaden your experience by travel & contact with different people & cultures, but also feel that they, as a more focussed company will offer enhanced opportunities for progression over a bigger, but more diverse one.

:)

Scrubbs 26-10-2005 19:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by shredder
Yes they're a Manchester based airline. I've got the outfit sorted and i've researched the company, i just keep going blank when i think of these questions!

Write them down, sounds simple but just the act of writing them down will start you off,
start with a list of good points ie why do think you can do the job?
Does your previous job have any talents you can utilise?
there must have been some sort of whittling down of applicants? what helped you get this far?
If you were going to employ someone what would you look for (Just a pretty face?.....I don't think so :) but it probably helps.
Hobbies are a good indication as well as to your character
Languages?

shredder 26-10-2005 20:01

thanks for the advice, i'm writing things down as we speak! I have another question though! My main weakness is being over confident, how do i turn this into a positive at the interview when i'm asked what my weaknesses are?

Scrubbs 26-10-2005 20:11

Quote:

thanks for the advice, i'm writing things down as we speak! I have another question though! My main weakness is being over confident, how do i turn this into a positive at the interview when i'm asked what my weaknesses are?

The fact that you recognise it is a plus point :)

The way to work it to your advantage is to put it down to general exuberance( Thats a good word :D keep that one!) and a keenness to get on and learn the job. Aways bearing in mind that your overconfidence doesn't mean you are not willing to learn and take critisim when needed.
Hows that?:cool:

fireman328 26-10-2005 20:13

Quote:

Hello!

As the title may suggest I have a job interview in the morning for Cabin Crew with Jet2! I really really want this job and I'm looking forward to the interview!

I need some help1 I know some of what's in store. I have to stand up and tell everyone (all applicants) why i want to work for Jet2. I can't think what to say it's just something i want to do! So can you guys give me some advice on what to say? I also need to say what my weaknesses are, but I can't think what to say to also make it sound positive and not too bad.

The final and worst thing is i will get given a product to stand up and sell to everyone, any tips? i'm really not good on sales!

Help :Yikes:

It's a bit late now but people I know at Gatwick are always moaning about the on board sales of VAT free goods, they have targets to meet and certain products are promoted, in short, trawl the net tonight and try to pick up some sales jargon or you will be at a disadvantage. Most of the other applicants will have a retail background which they will be able to draw. Remember, sell yourself, sell the airline and give them a good sales pitch !!!!
To some extent use the old saying "Bull**** baffles brains" but dont lose sight of the objective to convince them that you are the best candidate they will see and the others are "also rans"
Good luck and break a leg, as they say in showbiz because you are putting on the best show they will see today !!!!! :tu:

Kimberley x

shredder 26-10-2005 20:13

ahhhh that exactly what i was trying to say! thank you!

fireman328 26-10-2005 20:17

Who is Kimberley x and why are the posts merged.

shredder 26-10-2005 20:22

I'm kimberley! but as to why the posts are merged, i think that may just be how you typed it! if not, my apologies.

fireman328 26-10-2005 20:27

Hi Kimberley,
It is supposed to have a quote from you in a greyed out box with my comments below in normal font and text, still who cares so long as you get the job.

Scrubbs 26-10-2005 20:38

:notopic: but.....is your sig a line from a song? sort of familiar.

and put that wine down :D big day tommorrow

shredder 26-10-2005 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrubbs
:notopic: but.....is your sig a line from a song? sort of familiar.

and put that wine down :D big day tommorrow

Yep it's from a song, but i've forgotten the name! It's on an advert.....

cookie_365 26-10-2005 21:58

Can't really give you advice about the interview over and above the normal 'do your research, be yourself' type of stuff.

However, I guess the selling bit is all to do with their Skyshop; think about how would you get someone on a 45 minute flight to buy a sandwich and a can of coke off your trolley? ;)

I like Jet2 - my flights from Gatwick to Manchester & back in November are less than £45 return all in; BA would have been about £100 or so. Though I can't see how they stay in business; the only time I've seen the planes more than a third full was when the strike at Heathrow was on & everyone was switching to Gatwick. :confused:

Good luck :)