Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Internet Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Future Rebirth Of My Closed Windows Live Account (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33687330)

thenry 28-04-2012 19:31

Future Rebirth Of My Closed Windows Live Account

right I've closed an account, it says theres a period in which it'll take for it to properly close down, remove all contents then another/extended period of which that email addy will be unavailable. Question is after that period has passed and say someone creates an email addy and it happens to be the same as my deactivated account, will they receive emails from places I had registered with etc. ?

Jon T 28-04-2012 19:37

Re: Future Rebirth Of My Closed Windows Live Account

Yes, as the places you've registered with are just sending to an email address, not a person, so they have no way of knowing that the address now belongs to someone different.

thenry 28-04-2012 19:52

whats the safe thing to do? I've transfered most of the site registered using that email addy to my new one. I don't know whether the addy will get emails in the future from other things I may of registered with.

is it possible for me to keep the account live but block it from receiving anything. Like if someone sent an email it would get rejected and the sender would get notification they can't send the addy an email.

Jon T 28-04-2012 19:58

BTW, why are you cancelling it? If you keep it live, does it matter if it receives anything new?

Keep it live, log in to the account every so often and if there's any email from anywhere that you've forgotten about you can then go and change the email address the sender has for you at that point.

thenry 28-04-2012 20:03

what about contacts etc. I know I can delete but I'd rather it off my head altogether. Its a real old account.

Sirius 28-04-2012 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon T (Post 35420433)
BTW, why are you cancelling it? If you keep it live, does it matter if it receives anything new?

Keep it live, log in to the account every so often and if there's any email from anywhere that you've forgotten about you can then go and change the email address the sender has for you at that point.

He might be worried its going to get cloned :LOL:

thenry 28-04-2012 20:43

thats not funny!

Kymmy 28-04-2012 20:50

If you're finished with the account then just leave it, it's not as though it's costing you anything..

Also I believe that after 120 days they'll delete any inactive accounts..

Worrying though about a freebie email account that you want to close is a bit weird..

thenry 28-04-2012 20:54

old contacts. old email registeration. ive wanted to get rid of it for a while now.