Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Webspace, E-Mail & Browsing Issues (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   WEB page updating (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33668727)

david.w.edgar 22-08-2010 14:58

WEB page updating

Dear Sir or Madam, I seek your advice to overcome a problem I am having using the free web space that NTL provides to its customers.

I have been running the Web Site for the Old West Kirk in Greenock for a few years without any difficulties. I have recently changed from using a PC to using an Apple iMac. I am now running into serious difficulties.

When I update one of my old web pages using the Nvu program then FTP it up to your free Web Site using the NVU upload feature I can no longer see this page when I interrogate my Web Site. The Web Site reports it cannot find this page on my web site. I have also tried using the program Classic FTP and FileZila with the name negative outcome.

When I used the PC the program I used was Nvu and was uploaded using the program Terrapin. As I cannot get an Apple OS X version of the program I have been forced to use other Editing and FTP programs.

I managed, using the advice given on your help page, to get to view the files you are storing for me on your web site. I find that web pages I have not changed can be view from your site without any problem. However, any files I have changed when I try to view them on your site I get a error report saying they cannot be viewed.

I hope you will be in a position to advise asap how I may overcome these difficulties.

Yours faithfully,

David

vanman 22-08-2010 15:07

Re: WEB page updating

i am a member of a VM forum and the same question was asked . Q
Quote:

When I joined Telewest all those years ago and subsequently with Blueyonder I was allocated a PWP internet address which I could access through the blueyonder and subsequently Vigin web page. There was a simple tool to make changes to my web page and add pictures etc. However that facility has disappeared and although I still have my web page I cannot access it through 'My virgin media' and I now need to have a degree in computing to do anything to my web site. Why have Virgin abandoned me?! Is it just me? I was never told I would be unable to use my web page through 'My virgin media' any more? Surely virgin has an obligation to support me as this is part of the package I pay for? Help
this was the reply from VM
A
Quote:

Hi To be honest, this product has been completely neglected and the web teams are looking into this - The pages are being redesigned but it might be a little while until these are up and running properly. We'll update you when all of this has been updated

Kymmy 22-08-2010 15:11

Re: WEB page updating

Hi David and welcome to the forum.

Although this isn't the official VM forum (but I see you've already found that) we do have quite a few members who use Macs on VM connection and I'm sure it won't be too long until one of them pops in to help you if they can. In the mean time I've moved your post to the correct forum where it's more likely to be read.

Thread moved to VM email/webspace forum