Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Freesat & Freeview (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Keep it Country - Temporary interruption (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704358)

nodrogd 26-01-2017 19:17

Keep it Country - Temporary interruption

Keep It Country TV is in the process of changing provider.
All their programme feeds (including online) are currently off the air.

The following message is posted on the Phil Mack website:

"To all viewers of Keep It Country TV
There are major changes taking place over the coming days , we are moving to a new service provider on 1st February , so there will be a break in transmission on all mediums for a short period
Sky 389 - Freesat 516 - Freeview 87
Freeview 516 , will be back on your screens first within the next 36 hours ,with Sky 389 & Freeview 87 following soon after .
We are looking forward to this new step forward and a press release will be released on Wednesday February 1st 2017 , the viewing figures have been phenomenal over the last few months hence the negotiations to take Keep It Country into this new relationship which will give us access to further afield including the USA
Thanks again to all our viewers
Phil Mack
CEO
KIC TV"

RichardCoulter 28-01-2017 19:10

Re: Keep it Country - Temporary interruption

Quote:

Originally Posted by nodrogd (Post 35882427)
Keep It Country TV is in the process of changing provider.
All their programme feeds (including online) are currently off the air.

The following message is posted on the Phil Mack website:

"To all viewers of Keep It Country TV
There are major changes taking place over the coming days , we are moving to a new service provider on 1st February , so there will be a break in transmission on all mediums for a short period
Sky 389 - Freesat 516 - Freeview 87
Freeview 516 , will be back on your screens first within the next 36 hours ,with Sky 389 & Freeview 87 following soon after .
We are looking forward to this new step forward and a press release will be released on Wednesday February 1st 2017 , the viewing figures have been phenomenal over the last few months hence the negotiations to take Keep It Country into this new relationship which will give us access to further afield including the USA
Thanks again to all our viewers
Phil Mack
CEO
KIC TV"

Seems very odd for a channel to disappear from all platforms for days...

I take what KIC say with a pinch of salt since they started bulling their alleged viewing figures up to being more than Sky Sports!

Still, I hope that this isn't an excuse to cover up funding problems and that the channel does indeed return.

nodrogd 28-01-2017 20:32

I think what they are saying is more than likely the case. They have been in regular service for exactly a year, so the deal with their initial provider has probably lapsed. Looking at their Facebook page there is talk of them having to load several hundred hours of programme material onto new servers in preparation for next week.

PS. There is an error in what is quoted above in that the Freeview feed will be the first to return, followed by satellite.

nodrogd 31-01-2017 18:42

KIC have now fired up their new online player & it looks like they are testing the playout system:

http://web.keepitcountry.tv/

nashville 31-01-2017 18:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by nodrogd (Post 35883355)
KIC have now fired up their new online player & it looks like they are testing the playout system:

http://web.keepitcountry.tv/

Excellent news

nodrogd 01-02-2017 08:35

Freeview 87 should now be live.

Sky 389 & Freesat 516 should return in the next 24 to 48 hours.

Normal programming is scheduled to resume on Monday 6th February.

Mr K 01-02-2017 11:02

A blessed relief I'd should think. Maybe fans of 'keep it country' can find a life in the meantime...

nodrogd 01-02-2017 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35883455)
A blessed relief I'd should think. Maybe fans of 'keep it country' can find a life in the meantime...

Actually the opposite is the case. I didn't bother with music channels until KIC came along. The channel has been a phenomenal success, so much so that a lot of the Irish & Scottish artists (not to mention some of the Americans) that used to keep to their own soil are now selling out at places like the London Palladium. Local theatres around me are hosting country music once a month or more now where last year there wasn't any.

nashville 01-02-2017 14:44

I am so glad we are getting it back, I have been a country music fan for 60 years, that it the Traditional kind not the modern country,

nodrogd 01-02-2017 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by nashville (Post 35883479)
I am so glad we are getting it back, I have been a country music fan for 60 years, that it the Traditional kind not the modern country,

Sky 389 & Freesat 516 are now up & running.

nashville 02-02-2017 10:57

Glad to say I was able to watch Freesat 516 last night, Fantastic

RichardCoulter 02-02-2017 16:05

I wonder if VM will ever pick this channel up?

nashville 02-02-2017 18:30

I hope they will Richard, it's a shame for country fans to miss thus channel

nodrogd 02-02-2017 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by nashville (Post 35883665)
I hope they will Richard, it's a shame for country fans to miss thus channel

When you think that back in the early 90's cable was the ONLY way of watching country music TV in the UK, the whole thing has now come full circle & cable is the only media that doesn't have it.

As a PS. The channel has again temprarily dissapeared from Freesat (it can still be manually tuned (11082 H at 22000) on Freesat equipment). KIC are assuring people via social media that this will be fixed by Monday.

Just tuned my box in manually & came across a channel called Showbiz TV on the same transponder running a non-stop country music show (CM&T)

nashville 03-02-2017 14:16

Knowing my luck if I tried to tune anything in manually I would lose everything.