Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698080)

Julian 23-09-2014 12:53

Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35730752)
The worse time of year is Christmas when you have women fighting over the turkey crowns in the supermarkets. Goodwill to others just goes out the window.

Just wait until someone isn't looking and whip it out of their trolley into yours. ;)

Or if someone has really annoyed you, add things to their trolley. :)

Russ 23-09-2014 12:56

When I worked at Asda some customers who got annoyed at others who deliberately wouldn't get out of the way used to secretly drop pregnancy kits in to their trolley or basket.

Now I'm not saying I think it's a good idea - but I understand ;)

MalteseFalcon 23-09-2014 13:08

Christ, is a bit of turkey REALLY that important to women? I'm getting my shopping delivered this year I think.

My moan is those who mess about with computers needing to reinstall the whole thing again. Yes, me in this case. Tried to remove a partition and totally botched it somehow. The air was several shades of blue. Only got my printer to install and I am back pretty much where I was. Luckily now I keep everything important on the external HD and the smaller stuff on various cloud sites. Phew.

weenie 23-09-2014 14:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkC1984 (Post 35730798)
Christ, is a bit of turkey REALLY that important to women? I'm getting my shopping delivered this year I think.

Sadly Mark to some it is as I have witnessed this first hand when working on the floor and at the checkouts believe me seeing is believing.

ThunderPants73 23-09-2014 19:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35730752)
The worse time of year is Christmas when you have women fighting over the turkey crowns in the supermarkets. Goodwill to others just goes out the window.

Hehe, it doesn't just go out of the window, it's thrown mercilessly, kicking and screaming.

---------- Post added at 19:45 ---------- Previous post was at 19:43 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julian (Post 35730792)
Just wait until someone isn't looking and whip it out of their trolley into yours. ;)

My mate did that once, it was an old frail lady, who got to the till with half a dozen pregnancy testing kits.

Stuart 23-09-2014 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThunderPants73 (Post 35730719)
I hate it when people in supermarkets just stand and stare at you until you notice and get out of their way. I'd rather someone shout at me (if 'excuse me' is not in their vocab, and it often isn't).

My goodness, I'm snippy today, I must need chocolate as my hormones are not to blame at the mo.

I had almost the opposite once. In sainsburys, I was looking at some food. A woman walked right up to me, said "Excuse Me" loudly, then waited for me to move out of the way. She totally ignored the 4 feet of space between me and the shelf behind me.

Russ 24-09-2014 06:28

1 Attachment(s)
And yes kids, this is why running is SO good for you....

denphone 24-09-2014 08:01

l hope that's not your leg and foot Russ.:shocked::Yikes:

Gary L 24-09-2014 10:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 35730916)

You've been picking that scab again. haven't you.

Derek 24-09-2014 11:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 35730916)

How???

Russ 24-09-2014 13:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek (Post 35730938)
How???

Did my usual route this morning but was the first time I'd done it so dark and early and I didn't notice that the council had dug some potholes. I've got a LED light for my running cap but as I know the route so well I stupidly thought I wouldn't need it.

Didn't even know the pothole was there until I was flat on my face. What made it worse was it was so dark I didn't even notice the blood until I got to a lamp post a few hundred yards down the road. That's when I realised it was probably best if I made my way back. My main concern was how I'd get the blood stains out of my sock and Asics....the pain I can deal with later :spin:

GrimUpNorth 24-09-2014 14:18

Had a call on the home phone this morning from a guy asking for Wayne someone or other. Told him he'd got the wrong number so he demanded to know my name etc, but Mrs G's told me I'm not allowed to give my details to strangers so told him to go whistle. He then just lost it, but he was using so many expletives I couldn't help but start laughing. The more I laughed the more crazed he got!!

When he'd put the phone down I thought I'd try and call him back - and low and behold he answered - and off he went again. This time however he's threatening to come round my house with 'his boys' and cut me in to little bits, and that I'm stupid for crossing him.

Now I'm not too worried myself as we've had many calls over the years asking for Wayne, and I know these companies have got an address on the other side of town from us, and he even said we'll be round there later to 'sort me out', and told me the road name. Should I make the guys day and report him (and if so to who)? I doubt very much he would but if they did come and chop Wayne (or whoever lives at the address) in to little bits I'd feel pretty guilty!!

I've got the rest of the day free so I'm so tempted to keep ringing him and see how mad I can get him, or should I just have a snooze on the sofa as I'd planned.

Cheers

Grim

heero_yuy 25-09-2014 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julian (Post 35730792)

I keep some uncancelled anti-theft tags in a metal wallet and add one to their shopping...

My moan: Why is west Penwith without any 3G. It's not like there's no people living here or tourists. Only Penzance has 3G. Everywhere else is 2G/GPRS and it's painfully slow even if you can get a stable connection.

weenie 28-09-2014 03:19

Received an email today in French :confused: it was not till I opened it that I realized that it was phishing, as I thought it was from Amazon. I have reported it it to Amazon and forwarded it onto them at their request.
Did a scan, changed password on Amazon just to be on the safe side and will be watching bank, Amazon etc closely for the next couple of weeks for anything unusual.
Just posted this to warn other CF members of these emails. If you receive any suspicious emails from Amazon do not open them forward them to stop-spoofing@amazon.com then delete them please do not do what I did.

I am feeling very foolish for opening that email. :dunce:

joglynne 28-09-2014 12:03

Thanks for the warning weenie. Be vigilant but don't beat yourself up. <<hugs>>