Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698080)

nashville 18-06-2015 11:01

Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35783635)
It seems like one of my family inadvertently has given me a cold and cough this morning.

Take Care Den, Hope it does not get too bad, Nash

Tinky 18-06-2015 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35783680)
Took our cat (Tobin) to the vets this morning, looks like he's been hit by a car :( - he's doing ok and staying in for more tests but we shall have to wait and see what they have to say.

Oh dear the poor wee thing, hope nothing is broken/damaged :erm::shocked:

MalteseFalcon 18-06-2015 15:17

Poor cat. If I could meet the people who hurt cats I would kill them.

weenie 18-06-2015 16:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35783680)
Took our cat (Tobin) to the vets this morning, looks like he's been hit by a car :( - he's doing ok and staying in for more tests but we shall have to wait and see what they have to say.

The driver who hit Tobin should have taken him to the vet IMO how anyone could hit any family pet and fail to check if it's okay is beyond me after all it is illegal to 'hit and run' dogs or farm animals and I personally think cats should have the same rights.

Hope Tobin makes a full recovery dilli.

Osem 18-06-2015 17:57

We just received a communication from the local epilepsy service concerning Osem Jnr#2. Inside, unexpectedly, was a cheery leaflet entitled Sudden Death in Epilepsy and a compliments slip...

Not nice! :(

joglynne 18-06-2015 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35783778)
We just received a communication from the local epilepsy service concerning Osem Jnr#2. Inside, unexpectedly, was a cheery leaflet entitled Sudden Death in Epilepsy and a compliments slip...

Not nice! :(

That is awful Osem. I hope you are going to do something about such a tactless piece of post. I know such leaflets exist and that, at times, they can be extremely helpful but I don't think that they should be sent out in such seemingly random and ill-considered manner just because they have someone on their mailing list.

weenie 18-06-2015 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by joglynne (Post 35783793)
That is awful Osem. I hope you are going to do something about such a tactless piece of post. I know such leaflets exist and that, at times, they can be extremely helpful but I don't think that they should be sent out in such seemingly random and ill-considered manner just because they have someone on their mailing list.

I could not have said it any better Jo.

MalteseFalcon 18-06-2015 19:59

That is outrageous, I'd be on the phone tomorrow kicking up a stink about that.

denphone 18-06-2015 21:09

A total lack of insensitivity IMHO.:(

Osem 18-06-2015 21:25

Thanks everyone. I should have made clear that there was another document in the envelope for our attention. Anyway, if it wasn't just a mistake, I'm pretty sure it was well intentioned but an error of judgement, nonetheless, by someone we do in fact know. I'm really not sure how best to deal with it - I'd hate anyone else to receive one in the same manner out of the blue... :confused:

nashville 19-06-2015 00:26

This is terrible receiving this Osem, No consideration at all,

Stop It 19-06-2015 08:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35783837)
Thanks everyone. I should have made clear that there was another document in the envelope for our attention. Anyway, if it wasn't just a mistake, I'm pretty sure it was well intentioned but an error of judgement, nonetheless, by someone we do in fact know. I'm really not sure how best to deal with it - I'd hate anyone else to receive one in the same manner out of the blue... :confused:

If you know the person especially, then talking it over, be it on the phone or in person would be best.

Yes, I'm sure the information given was valid, but leaflets should be a compliment to, not a replacement to being cared for in a personal manner. If someone had sat you down and said "I know this is very rare, but I think it's best that you know..." I'm guessing it wouldn't have been a bad thing, despite the subject matter?

dilli-theclaw 19-06-2015 08:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35783837)

id tell them ASAP - others may not be able to handle it as well as you seem to be :tu:

Still, that's just my 2p and all.

Osem 19-06-2015 20:21

Yup, I think I'll have a chat with the person concerned and just make the point that we'd have preferred to deal with the subject in person. It may seem odd but, although we know epileptic seizures can be fatal, we'd never really imagined it may happen to our lad and it's not a subject which has come up during the many consultations we've had over the years. He's so fit and strong it's hard to imagine him succumbing to anything and the thought that he might, if his condition were to worsen, is sobering. He's a gift in so many ways! :(

Hom3r 22-06-2015 10:53

Our network server's at work where updated.

So of course everything is working perfectly, NOT.

I can see old email's but not send and receive any.

Plus the network is down so so printer's.

So bugger all has been done.