Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Counter terrorism raid in cardiff (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698822)

richard s 17-09-2014 13:46

Counter terrorism raid in cardiff

Hey Taf I hope this is not you!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-s...wales-29235844

More radicalization !!!

Hugh 17-09-2014 14:51

Re: Counter terrorism raid in cardiff

Just as a matter of interest, in what way are you an 'ISIS Killer'?

heero_yuy 17-09-2014 14:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard s (Post 35729496)
Hey Taf I hope this is not you!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-s...wales-29235844

More radicalization !!!

Well if they raid Taf all they'll find is weapons grade chilli. :D

richard s 17-09-2014 15:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35729507)

Not me the Apache Helicopter! But given half a chance I would be.

Nice one Heero.

Taf 17-09-2014 16:28

Not too far from me, another cesspit area that is quickly turning into a no-go area for even the Roma immigrants!

Escapee 17-09-2014 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taf (Post 35729543)
Not too far from me, another cesspit area that is quickly turning into a no-go area for even the Roma immigrants!

It's about a mile away from my second residence.

I knew a family immigrants themselves living in Florentia Street which is only a few streets away, they moved away from there because they didn't like going out of the house at night due to the threat of being mugged by the immigrants that have pretty much taken over the area.

Cardiff was always regarded as a friendly multicultural place, but I have watched the Roath/Plasnewydd area of Cardiff gradually get worse and turn into a cesspit over the past 6 years. I understand this is happening all around the city. The police seem to turn a blind eye to the crime because they know they will be wasting their time with arrests. The council does nothing about the amount of filth and rubbish dumped by certain immigrant groups around the streets and in the back lanes.

It's sad, but areas of Cardiff are slowly turning into inner city slums like they have in London, Birmingham, Bradford etc.

Gary L 17-09-2014 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35729507)

He snipes them.

Hugh 17-09-2014 21:23

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary L (Post 35729597)
He snipes them.

Might take a while.....

richard s 18-09-2014 10:51

Poor little snipes.

15 Arrests in New South Wales, Australia... more radicalization!

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...ydney-brisbane

Osem 18-09-2014 12:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Escapee (Post 35729596)
It's about a mile away from my second residence.

I knew a family immigrants themselves living in Florentia Street which is only a few streets away, they moved away from there because they didn't like going out of the house at night due to the threat of being mugged by the immigrants that have pretty much taken over the area.

Cardiff was always regarded as a friendly multicultural place, but I have watched the Roath/Plasnewydd area of Cardiff gradually get worse and turn into a cesspit over the past 6 years. I understand this is happening all around the city. The police seem to turn a blind eye to the crime because they know they will be wasting their time with arrests. The council does nothing about the amount of filth and rubbish dumped by certain immigrant groups around the streets and in the back lanes.

It's sad, but areas of Cardiff are slowly turning into inner city slums like they have in London, Birmingham, Bradford etc.

You seem to be implying that 'cultural enrichment' isn't all it was cracked up to be...

Taf 18-09-2014 13:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Escapee (Post 35729596)

Many locals already call certain parts of the city after their immigrant majority. There has been a shift of one-group-to-one-area over the past few years as they seem to gather together and dominate. It's strange that the Polish and other European nationals don't do this? :confused:

It was suggested to me that radical muslims like to hide amongst other muslims for protection. Now where have I heard of that tactic before? :dunce:

Russ 18-09-2014 13:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taf (Post 35729765)
Many locals already call certain parts of the city after their immigrant majority.

Like where? I was in Ely and Grangetown the other day and the place didn't seem too bad. I certainly didn't intimidated or uncomfortable. To be honest I find Canton aka Studentville to be a worse area.

Taf 18-09-2014 14:23

Splott... Roma
Canton... Somali
Roath... Pakistani/Kurdish/Roma
Grangetown... Pakistani
Riverside... Pakistani
Tremorfa... Roma
North Butetown... Somali
Adamsdown... Roma
Grangetown... Somali

---------- Post added at 14:23 ---------- Previous post was at 14:22 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 35729767)
Like where? I was in Ely and Grangetown the other day and the place didn't seem too bad. I certainly didn't intimidated or uncomfortable. To be honest I find Canton aka Studentville to be a worse area.

North Canton (i.e. Pontcanna) is a very well-to-do area these days with loads of yuppies and law students.

alanbjames 18-09-2014 14:28

"The issue is not unique to Cardiff or Wales and is a priority for police across the UK, and suggestions that Cardiff has a particular problem with young men and extreme views is simply wrong. While we do have our share of challenges, our religious communities here in south Wales are strong and constructive."

If they gave the police a decent operating budget and stopped cutting back then they would be able to do a better job than they are now.

Russ 18-09-2014 14:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taf (Post 35729773)
Splott... Roma
Canton... Somali
Roath... Pakistani/Kurdish/Roma
Grangetown... Pakistani
Riverside... Pakistani
Tremorfa... Roma
North Butetown... Somali
Adamsdown... Roma
Grangetown... Somali

I mean which of the areas have immigrants as their majority population? Are there any figures to confirm this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taf (Post 35729773)
North Canton (i.e. Pontcanna) is a very well-to-do area these days with loads of yuppies and law students.

My bad I meant Cathays, particularly around the Community Centre area.