Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin & O2 Mobile Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   HTC Desire HD (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33672730)

HD addicted 06-12-2010 23:35

HTC Desire HD

I've read that the HTC Desire Hd and some other good phones were coming to VM soon. Can anyone confirm this? Has anyone heard anything about?
The actual offer is very poor and I might leave Virgin if new and better phones are not introduce soon as Im almost up for a renewal.
Ty in advance.

Peter_ 06-12-2010 23:39

Re: HTC Desire HD

That has been and gone, they only have the Wildfire at the moment or the X10 mini.

They did have the Nokia N8 when it first came out but nothing decent since, my contract is up in Jan/Feb so if the is nothing decent I will either go elsewhere or try a rolling contract on my old phone.

lawe 07-12-2010 05:11

Was in the same boat as you.
Been with Virgin Mobile for ages but did not stock Desire HD. Did ask the question and the reply was January.
My contract expired at the start of this month and have now moved to Tmobile and have a superb Desire HD. Perhaps the best phone in the world!

broadbandking 07-12-2010 07:34

I have heard that new mobile are due to be on sale from Decemeber 20th and that includes the HTC HD Desire.

HD addicted 07-12-2010 09:03

Thanks everyone for the reply. I really hope broadbandking is right or I'll have to move elsewhere.
Cheers

HD addicted 07-12-2010 16:37

Just seen on the VM mobile site, the HTC Desire is back on even if it's already out of stock! :-(

tweedie 07-12-2010 17:05

The desire has been out for ages now. HTC are so slow when it cones to updates as well.

Have you had a look at the new Nexus S? Looks like an immense phone

Stephen 07-12-2010 17:54

Desire HD and Blackberry torch are coming to VM around end of December/Start of January.

HD addicted 07-12-2010 19:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35134120)
Desire HD and Blackberry torch are coming to VM around end of December/Start of January.

Thanks Steven. That sounds good. :)

---------- Post added at 19:14 ---------- Previous post was at 18:46 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweedie (Post 35134077)
The desire has been out for ages now. HTC are so slow when it cones to updates as well.

Have you had a look at the new Nexus S? Looks like an immense phone

I doubt Virgin will get it... Anyway on many magazines the HTC Deside HD has been voted best phone of the year. ;)

Also I have had HTC phones for many years and always happy with them.

Thanks Tweedie for the suggestion.

Peter_ 07-12-2010 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35134120)

Any thoughts as to which is better.:)

HD addicted 07-12-2010 20:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masque (Post 35134185)

No doubt the HTC! Read thousands of reviews on phones. Just buy any phone mag to check it yourself mate. ;)

Peter_ 07-12-2010 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by HD addicted (Post 35134206)
No doubt the HTC! Read thousands of reviews on phones. Just buy any phone mag to check it yourself mate. ;)

I was just wondering about the Blackberry Torch though, but I feel it is a bit chavy.

Stephen 07-12-2010 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masque (Post 35134185)

I currently have the Desire and its the best phone I have owned so I imagine the HD version will be even better.

Not tried the BB Torch but it looks good and had great reviews.

Peter_ 07-12-2010 20:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35134216)
I currently have the Desire and its the best phone I have owned so I imagine the HD version will be even better.

Not tried the BB Torch but it looks good and had great reviews.

I completely missed the HD bit.:erm:;):)

mcon 08-12-2010 02:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by HD addicted (Post 35133751)
I've read that the HTC Desire Hd and some other good phones were coming to VM soon. Can anyone confirm this? Has anyone heard anything about?
The actual offer is very poor and I might leave Virgin if new and better phones are not introduce soon as Im almost up for a renewal.
Ty in advance.

i spoke to customer services yesterday 07/12/10 and was told htc desire hd will be available from the 20th of december and the nokia n8 will be back in the second week of december. aparently new samsung coming and also another new nokia. not bothered bout the others tho just really want desire hd. fingers crossed new handset for crimbo. all the best :xmas: