Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698080)

SnoopZ 23-02-2023 12:30

Re: Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 36146749)
I'm sure my Alexa is deaf :D

Also I knew it was just too good to be true, Bulb are the pits, 3 agents have contacted me, 2 have told me different credit amounts, and offered refunds, and the 3rd says it was just a draft bill (whatever that is) and we are only £189 in credit. I have asked for a full breakdown of payments and fuel used. How long do you think I will wait for an answer? If at all. :rolleyes:

If you log into your bulb account you will see all your break downs there.

Are you adding your monthly meter readings onto your account? I would recommend doing that on the same day each month so you know how much you have used and are able to adjust the DD instantly.

If you have a smart phone install their app to make it all trivial, although you will get moved over to Octopus in days or weeks.

Paul 23-02-2023 14:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 36146749)
Also I knew it was just too good to be true, Bulb are the pits, 3 agents have contacted me, 2 have told me different credit amounts, and offered refunds, and the 3rd says it was just a draft bill (whatever that is) and we are only £189 in credit. I have asked for a full breakdown of payments and fuel used. How long do you think I will wait for an answer? If at all. :rolleyes:

Bulb support are dreadful, thats the one good thing you may find when you get moved, Octopus are [apparently] so much better.

Taf 23-02-2023 15:31

I got swiped from behind by a lunatic on an electric scooter again. On the pavement, and he must have been able to see me for ages.

No ID possible as he was wearing all black with a hood up, and on a black scooter.

I emailed the local police, and they have replied that "Patrols will continue to monitor the situation".

Dude111 24-02-2023 04:58

Im so sorry buddy :(

Tinky 24-02-2023 18:07

Totally fed up, seems everything I touch goes wrong, plumber arrived this morning 8am to fit our kitchen sink. It turns out that because I ordered the correct size i.e wide and long, I did not take into account the size of the basin. Bottom line, sink to be returned to suppliers at an exorbitant carrier price of £30+ still shopping round for cheaper carrier price, any suggestions?:(:(:(

joglynne 24-02-2023 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 36146925)
Totally fed up, seems everything I touch goes wrong, plumber arrived this morning 8am to fit our kitchen sink. It turns out that because I ordered the correct size i.e wide and long, I did not take into account the size of the basin. Bottom line, sink to be returned to suppliers at an exorbitant carrier price of £30+ still shopping round for cheaper carrier price, any suggestions?:(:(:(

Could you sell it? Facebook Marketplace or a local board? You might have to take a small hit but not as much as paying to send it back

Tinky 24-02-2023 20:45

Appreciate what you suggest Jo, but in order to sell, the reduction would be approx what it would cost for a courier, alas looks like I have to bite the bullet and accept the loss.:(

spiderplant 24-02-2023 21:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 36146925)
price of £30+ still shopping round for cheaper carrier price, any suggestions?:(:(:(

Check if any local businesses do shipping as a sideline. There's a place near us whose main business is selling packaging materials, but they also do shipping. I guess they have a deal with a courier to send out large volumes of stuff, and they can add extra parcels at low cost.

Tinky 25-02-2023 18:37

Unfortunately Spiderplant there is no such facility in this part of the woods, many thanks for the suggestion.

Tinky 02-03-2023 07:59

Sink problem solved. Notification yesterday from Sky who are putting up their prices £7+ per month. :rolleyes:

GrimUpNorth 02-03-2023 08:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 36147246)
Sink problem solved. Notification yesterday from Sky who are putting up their prices £7+ per month. :rolleyes:

£10 for us.

denphone 02-03-2023 08:36

Mobile phone has gone on the blink.

Tinky 02-03-2023 09:04

4 scam phone calls in 3 days supposedly from Sky and the bank security, we are registered with Telephone Preference Service so don't understand why. :rolleyes:

Jaymoss 02-03-2023 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 36147250)
4 scam phone calls in 3 days supposedly from Sky and the bank security, we are registered with Telephone Preference Service so don't understand why. :rolleyes:

sold list most likely

joglynne 02-03-2023 09:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 36147250)

TPS only works if companies in theuk abide by the regulation. It sounds as though the calls you have recieved are from spammers who spoof numbers to hide their identity. A better explanation is given by OFCOM.......

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-tele...one-spoof-scam