Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   General IT Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   A use for old mobiles (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704225)

broadbandking 29-12-2016 13:55

A use for old mobiles

I was searching youtube a while ago and came across a video about perk tv which people was using upto 5 old devices to run the app, it works by watching videos well you can just leave the app running and the videos will play automatically, you earn points for watching these video and then can exchange them for points and then exchange points for paypal cash or giftcards.

I know what your thinking this is a scam or I bet you have to earn a millions points to get anything, well not true I use around 4 devices and also use the web version and run for a fair few hours a day, I would run it 24/7 but you need to press a button to confirm your still watching around every 3hrs.

I am getting around 2000 points a day so I am getting around £15 amazon voucher every 13 days.

A message to the mods, this is not a post for me to get referrals just an app I found that might help people so please if its not allowed please close and delete.

Just search for perk tv on your smartphone or in your browser.

Remember there is a limit of 5 devices.

Taf 29-12-2016 14:26

Re: A use for old mobiles

And who pays the mobile data charges?

broadbandking 29-12-2016 14:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taf (Post 35878283)

I only use it when I am connected to WIFI.

adzii_nufc 29-12-2016 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taf (Post 35878283)

Unlimited data here.

Gavin78 01-01-2017 20:49

I don't think I could be bothered would probably cost you £15 to keep them all charged and the cost of running the computer as well

OhReally 02-01-2017 02:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by broadbandking (Post 35878276)
I was searching youtube a while ago and came across a video about perk tv which people was using upto 5 old devices to run the app, it works by watching videos well you can just leave the app running and the videos will play automatically, you earn points for watching these video and then can exchange them for points and then exchange points for paypal cash or giftcards.

I know what your thinking this is a scam or I bet you have to earn a millions points to get anything, well not true I use around 4 devices and also use the web version and run for a fair few hours a day, I would run it 24/7 but you need to press a button to confirm your still watching around every 3hrs.

I am getting around 2000 points a day so I am getting around £15 amazon voucher every 13 days.

A message to the mods, this is not a post for me to get referrals just an app I found that might help people so please if its not allowed please close and delete.

Just search for perk tv on your smartphone or in your browser.

Remember there is a limit of 5 devices.

LANDFILL

Paul 02-01-2017 02:21

This assumes the "Old" mobile is actually a Smart Phone.

None of my old mobiles are.

techguyone 02-01-2017 09:30

Well I'm giving it a go, on 3 devices, we'll see how it goes.

techguyone 02-01-2017 20:58

OK so I see what the 'perk points' are for as you can redeem them (eventually) for things like paypal money etc, but 'perk tokens' what are they for?

I'm only doing the 'watch ads' too as I find with these things where you fill in 'surveys' you immediately get drowned with unending spam that can ber very hard to stop.

broadbandking 03-01-2017 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by techguyone (Post 35878892)
OK so I see what the 'perk points' are for as you can redeem them (eventually) for things like paypal money etc, but 'perk tokens' what are they for?

I'm only doing the 'watch ads' too as I find with these things where you fill in 'surveys' you immediately get drowned with unending spam that can ber very hard to stop.

Perk tokens are for the other apps but I never bother with them just use the apps you get points from, I am currently on 20857 points and that from boxing day.

techguyone 03-01-2017 19:03

I've discovered that you can use both perk points & perk tokens on sweepstakes, in ignorance I wasted most of my perk points before I realised what I was doing.

In future I'll only enter the perk tokens ones. Grrr.

broadbandking 03-01-2017 21:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by techguyone (Post 35878967)
I've discovered that you can use both perk points & perk tokens on sweepstakes, in ignorance I wasted most of my perk points before I realised what I was doing.

In future I'll only enter the perk tokens ones. Grrr.

how many devices are you using?

techguyone 03-01-2017 22:22

1 pc, 1 android box, 1 older android phone , I don't want to clutter up my primary with it too.

techguyone 18-01-2017 17:18

Ok made my first 20k points - redeemed £10 in paypal on Friday (allegedly)

Waiting to see if I now get inundated with mobile offers & junk mail too, we'll see.

I reckon I can get the 20k in future in around 16 days - unless I lose interest.

Paul 18-01-2017 23:00

Seems a lot of effort to go to just to (allegedly) make a tenner.