Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Internet Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   VM Business : Virgin Media Business - Experiences (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33705045)

thedotlair 26-06-2017 11:23

Virgin Media Business - Experiences

Hi all,

Wondered if anybody who is on VMB have any experiences relating to the faults process that they attached to business lines? Am considering getting a line installed under their top package including 5x Static IPs and wondered what the fault resolution is like.....

The last time I was on VM, their support was abysmal and failed to resolve an issue after 3 months at which point I used their contract against them to get out; however, that was on residential.

Any thoughts, experiences would be good. Current ISP is AAISP bonded 1TB lines but looking to drop the cost slightly.

Cheers

ccarmock 26-06-2017 19:06

Re: Virgin Media Business - Experiences

As with most things you will find people's experiences vary. From my own perspective I have found support from the team for business broadband excellent. The service I have has worked well, but not without an occasional fault. When I have called - usually out of hours I have been put through to an engineer that will login to the CMTS and start to troubleshoot with me while I am on the phone.

They even managed to get a re-segmentation expedited for me.

There have been reports of variable performance with the new 350 Mb/s business services, from my own perspective performance is very solid.

VM Business support is managed out of the UK, by a dedicated team.

pcfarrar 27-06-2017 14:05

VM Business is pretty decent for support. I have to call them regularly with faults and most are resolved within a few hours. The longest I've ever had downtime for was 4 days and this was due to the problem being located in the street.

I've updated many of my connections to 350 Mb now and the service seems solid.

vm_tech 27-06-2017 17:20

I'm a business engineer and the best bit of advice I can give is make sure a business cable modem is the correct product for you. I go to a lot of customers who really need a Managed Internet Access product rather than a cable modem, but they are not willing to pay the extra money. As an example I visited a customer who's connection was down for approx 12 hours and during that time she claimed the business lost £5k. Personally if you're gonna lose that much money over such a short period of time, you should be running an MIA with a cable modem as a backup and maybe even an ADSL as a 3rd resort

thedotlair 27-06-2017 19:23

Cheers all!

vm_tech: thanks for the advice, an MIA is overkill for me but already looking at keeping one of the VDSL circuits as a backup with a 4G modem as a tertiary. Overkill slightly but at least that way everything stays working, albeit slightly slower as the links fail over.