Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Installation Issues (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Moving House - And the good news is..... (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33676687)

rakkor 12-04-2011 15:13

Moving House - And the good news is.....

I filled in the web form to move from our current address to our new one which already has all Virgin services to move my VIP account over on the 28th judging by the reply I got below it looks like Virgin doesn't want my continued business - A month with no services is ridiculous :mad:

Unfortunately we have been unable to secure an installation team
appointment for the <29/04/2011> at your new home, as requested.

Good news is we can send someone out on the <24/05/2011 1pm-6pm>, if
this is good for you, we need take no further action and look forward to
seeing you then.

haydnwalker 12-04-2011 16:23

Re: Moving House - And the good news is.....

Its an entire MONTH extra! That is a bit excessive to be honest. I'd phone them up, be polite and ask them if theres any way to move it forward from the end of may...and double check that you won't be paying for services if they are unable to move it forward.

weesteev 12-04-2011 16:29

He wont be paying for service as it wont be installed until the 24th May anyway?

On your other point you are right though, give the team a call and see if they can sort a closer timeslot for you.

rakkor 15-04-2011 15:20

I called them up and it's now 27th removal & 28th installtion in my new place - I will be tied into a new 12 month contract which I'm not to happy with as I've been offered no incentives to do this.

Wayfair 15-04-2011 15:27

So was you expecting incentives if the moved had been planned in for the 29th as asked?

RobboEdin 15-04-2011 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by rakkor (Post 35213632)
I called them up and it's now 27th removal & 28th installtion in my new place - I will be tied into a new 12 month contract which I'm not to happy with as I've been offered no incentives to do this.

...but you actually have had an incentive in return for the 12 month contract - free installation at the new house.

weesteev 15-04-2011 15:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by rakkor (Post 35213632)

Could that be because you have an "incentive" already though (read Loyalty deal...)

;)

Anyway, glad you got the date pulled forward. If this is going to turn into an account discussion I suggest a Mod move it to the billing section as the OP's problem has been resolved.