Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   A strange but telling question (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33702300)

tweedle 04-02-2016 18:14

A strange but telling question

Would you rather live on your knees or die on your feet?

dilli-theclaw 04-02-2016 18:36

Re: A strange but telling question

Death doesn't really bother me anymore. But if you'd asked me this time last year I'd have liked to know when it was coming.

ianch99 04-02-2016 18:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweedle (Post 35820488)
Would you rather live on your knees or die on your feet?

Why no context?

tweedle 04-02-2016 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianch99 (Post 35820493)
Why no context?

It's not the kind of question of which you can be told how to view it. I understand you're left wing, so you have no idea or understanding of free will. Even worse for you there is no religion to defend, even worse still there is no opportunity to attack the English lol I imagine your either dumbfounded or googling my user name to try to prove I am racist lol.

dilli-theclaw 04-02-2016 19:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweedle (Post 35820494)
It's not the kind of question of which you can be told how to view it. I understand you're left wing, so you have no idea of free will.

So - what do you make of my reply?

ianch99 04-02-2016 19:06

Quote:

It's not the kind of question of which you can be told how to view it. I understand you're left wing, so you have no idea of free will.

Yes Master! I hear and obey ..... only joking ;) Glad to see you listen to what people say and debate the points raised openly and honestly. For a moment there, I though you were judging people unfairly

---------- Post added at 19:06 ---------- Previous post was at 19:03 ----------

Quote:

It's not the kind of question of which you can be told how to view it. I understand you're left wing, so you have no idea or understanding of free will. Even worse for you there is no religion to defend, even worse still there is no opportunity to attack the English lol I imagine your either dumbfounded or googling my user name to try to prove I am racist lol.

Wow, more cogent and informed debate. I am in awe ..

tweedle 04-02-2016 19:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianch99 (Post 35820499)
Yes Master! I hear and obey ..... only joking ;) Glad to see you listen to what people say and debate the points raised openly and honestly. For a moment there, I though you were judging people unfairly

---------- Post added at 19:06 ---------- Previous post was at 19:03 ----------

Wow, more cogent and informed debate. I am in awe ..

Just keep putting your view forward and disagreeing with mine. That's the beauty of free speech, I give my opinion an you are free to disagree with it .

dilli-theclaw 04-02-2016 19:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweedle (Post 35820503)
Just keep putting your view forward and disagreeing with mine. That's the beauty of free speech.

I get the feeling you don't actually know what free speech is.

GrimUpNorth 04-02-2016 19:46

It's been a while since we've had someone new starting loads of daft threads in a sad attempt at being 'clever'.

Cheers

Grim

tweedle 04-02-2016 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth (Post 35820511)
It's been a while since we've had someone new starting loads of daft threads in a sad attempt at being 'clever'.

Cheers

Grim

Oohhhh so you think I'm clever? I just wish I could say the same about you, thank god for free speech hey.

ianch99 04-02-2016 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweedle (Post 35820503)
Just keep putting your view forward and disagreeing with mine. That's the beauty of free speech, I give my opinion an you are free to disagree with it .

I have not put forward a view, never mind disagreeing with yours as I am not sure what you are talking about

tweedle 04-02-2016 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianch99 (Post 35820516)
I have not put forward a view, never mind disagreeing with yours as I am not sure what you are talking about

Yeah I should of guessed that. But thanks for your input anyway.

ianch99 04-02-2016 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweedle (Post 35820520)
Yeah I should of guessed that. But thanks for your input anyway.

So, what are you talking about? What is the context behind the question: 'Would you rather live on your knees or die on your feet?" Are you talking about people in Syria, or what?

tweedle 04-02-2016 20:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianch99 (Post 35820521)
So, what are you talking about? What is the context behind the question: 'Would you rather live on your knees or die on your feet?" Are you talking about people in Syria, or what?

Move on lol, it's obviously beyond you so stop beating yourself up trying to grasp it. This is not important, just forget it lolololol:D poor fella.

ianch99 04-02-2016 21:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweedle (Post 35820523)
Move on lol, it's obviously beyond you so stop beating yourself up trying to grasp it. This is not important, just forget it lolololol:D poor fella.

Would you describe yourself as patronising?