Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Internet Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   200M : What's this new page that comes up when BB goes down? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33705828)

RichardCoulter 17-12-2017 22:22

What's this new page that comes up when BB goes down?

Due to a power supply fault, the BB in our village keeps going on and off.

I've noticed that when it goes off, a page appears with a circle and says that there is an issue with the connection. It says to press it, when you do it goes round the circle from 1 to 100%.

Obviously it can't connect, so it then says so and advises you to 'contact your cable operator'. When this screen appears the web address shows as my IP address and then something else.

Anyone know anything about this or what it's purpose is?

pip08456 17-12-2017 22:38

Re: What's this new page that comes up when BB goes down?

It appears when there is a problem with your connection, pressing the circle causes it to attempt reconnection. Not exactly rocket science.

RichardCoulter 17-12-2017 23:01

Obviously, but what does it do that doing this myself doesn't.

pip08456 17-12-2017 23:47

Nothing.

Paul 18-12-2017 01:58

Sounds like its simply a more visual error page.

RichardCoulter 18-12-2017 02:22

Thanks, it's only started appearing in the last couple of weeks, just wondered if it was a VM initiative.

It has what looks like the VM branding colour, but doesn't actually say VM and says to contact your cable operator.

RobboEdin 18-12-2017 10:45

Have you, perhaps, changed to a Hub 3.0 in the timescale that you have noticed this?

Carth 18-12-2017 10:56

It's not a new windows 'feature' is it?

You appear to have no internet connection, would you like Windows to rectify this? Yes/No

*watch spinning circle for 5 minutes*

Sorry, Windows cannot repair your connection to the internet, would you like to send an error report? Yes/No

RichardCoulter 18-12-2017 16:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobboEdin (Post 35929285)
Have you, perhaps, changed to a Hub 3.0 in the timescale that you have noticed this?

This could be it; they did change the router, but I'm not sure what to as I can't get up the stairs.

If anyone wants to have a look:

http://(insert_your_ip_address)/?tool_troubleshoot

---------- Post added at 16:14 ---------- Previous post was at 14:18 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carth (Post 35929286)
It's not a new windows 'feature' is it?

You appear to have no internet connection, would you like Windows to rectify this? Yes/No

*watch spinning circle for 5 minutes*

Sorry, Windows cannot repair your connection to the internet, would you like to send an error report? Yes/No

I use android on a tablet.

It's a real nuisance because when the internet returns it's often logged me out of my WiFi connection and out of various sites (including Cableforum).

Itshim 18-12-2017 18:31

Its seems to be what I get when windows 10 loses internet connection.nothing to do with virgin media

General Maximus 18-12-2017 18:42

yeah, it is the new connection repair wizard thing and checks the connection settings, flushes dns etc etc and tries to fix the problem.

Itshim 18-12-2017 18:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35929374)
yeah, it is the new connection repair wizard thing and checks the connection settings, flushes dns etc etc and tries to fix the problem.

Good grief I must be spending to much time on line !!!!
:D