Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sony Games Systems (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots [PS3] (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33634315)

icestar2 10-06-2008 20:39

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots [PS3]

Well its out this week. I got my dispatch email today for delivery tomorrow. Really cant wait. Been looking forward to this one for a long time. Am excited to see what Konami have to offer with the next installment in the series. Any1 else picking this one up ?

Tezcatlipoca 10-06-2008 21:23

Re: MGS 4 Avalible Thursday

I'm not 100% sure yet.

It sounds like it's going to be awesome, but...

... from what I've read, it sounds like it's only really going to be that awesome if you're a fan & know the story etc.

Having never played any of the earlier MGS games, I have a feeling I wouldn't know WTF is going on, nor care about it.

icestar2 10-06-2008 23:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D (Post 34572540)
I'm not 100% sure yet.

It sounds like it's going to be awesome, but...

... from what I've read, it sounds like it's only really going to be that awesome if you're a fan & know the story etc.

Having never played any of the earlier MGS games, I have a feeling I wouldn't know WTF is going on, nor care about it.

I guess so. I will give it a try out 2morrow nite and see if you need to know the storey to enjoy the game and report back :)

Tezcatlipoca 10-06-2008 23:18

Cool, I hope it's good! :)

If I do decide to get it, I may resort to reading the plot of the earlier ones on Wiki or something, so I at least have some idea what's going on lol.

Paranoimia 11-06-2008 11:54

I've got it pre-ordered. I played 1 & 2 but not 3, so I'm looking forward to it.

grandmaster 11-06-2008 12:47

Mines been sent out....and I cant wait.

icestar2 11-06-2008 15:14

Mines arrived. Not had chance to play it yet though. Looking forward to getting on it tonight :)

grandmaster 11-06-2008 22:12

arrrrrrrrrrrggggggh I hate having to jump through hoops..

Has anyone else managed to get a konami id..

Its banging on about agreeing to online payments etc and I have to click agree, but there is no bloody button.

arrrrrrrgggghhhhh

icestar2 12-06-2008 01:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by grandmaster (Post 34573387)
arrrrrrrrrrrggggggh I hate having to jump through hoops..

Has anyone else managed to get a konami id..

Its banging on about agreeing to online payments etc and I have to click agree, but there is no bloody button.

arrrrrrrgggghhhhh

I got a Konami Id from when the MGS:Online Beta was out. I should be able to use that but havent tried yet. It was not easy in the first place to get the ID. Just keep trying there servers may be getting hit now. Try https://id.konami.net/pc/top.jsp thats were you can get your Konami Id if you havent already.

Only had chance to play about an 1hr and half 2nite but I am LOVING it. (Thats the main game by the way aint tried online.)

grandmaster 12-06-2008 08:38

The game is great, the online signup is a royal pain the ass.

I still can't get over how amusing it is to hide in a box.
The only fault for me so far is that the character does not seem to run fast enough....

Cerberus 14-06-2008 01:19

I Won't be buying it. I thought the MP was quite poor. :(

icestar2 14-06-2008 02:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cerberus (Post 34575178)

The MP Beta Was very poor. Aint tried the online in MGS4 yet and tbh not really intrested in it. I just love the way MGS tells a storey and the game itself is nothing short of perfect for MGS fans. Am loving it alot :)

D_Skids 16-06-2008 16:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cerberus (Post 34575178)

Don't forget this is a single player game primarily. The MP is only really aan add on.

I should have been playing it from release day but it looks like Royal F***ing Mail have lost it.

Paranoimia 17-06-2008 21:50

I completed it today. I won't give away any details, but it's a stunning game from start to finish. The online game is pretty much irrelevant - it's worth buying purely for the single-player game.

Some great humour, and some really nice touches relating to the rest of the series... which you'll probably only 'get' if you've played the previous games.

Tezcatlipoca 17-06-2008 22:14

I bought it on Saturday.

Not played too much yet, still on Act 1 (only had a chance to play it on Sunday :( ).

As I've never played *any* of the previous MGS games, I read up on them via Wikipedia first, plus watched the Gametrailers retrospective.

Liking it, so far, a lot :)