Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sport (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Rugby : Rugby Union Thread (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33608931)

yesman 24-02-2007 20:30

Rugby Union Thread

England outclassed

Ireland 43 - 13 England

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugb...es/default.stm

Good game :tu:

Russ 24-02-2007 20:34

Re: Rugby Union

I've always said if Wales aren't going to win the 6 nations then I'd want Ireland to take it :tu:

Paul K 24-02-2007 20:37

England will struggle to win anything if they don't resolve their biggest problem which is their ill-discipline. Giving away needless penalties will get you nothing but trouble in a match, giving away a penalty straight after you score is just stupid. Nothing has been done for the last year or so to actually bring some players back into line as far as their discipline is concerned and it has shown on a number of occasions.
Ireland will take some beating as they have shown they have the skill and more importantly the control needed to lock a match down.

Delta Whiskey 24-02-2007 21:05

Italy win, Ireland win. Wales win?

DW

Osem 24-02-2007 21:51

I think the only thing Wales will win this year is the wooden spoon.

Agree about England - it's about time Grewcock was dispensed with as his ill discipline cost England very dear again. Having said that Ireland were by far the best team on the day and it's only right that they won. No fair minded person minds being beaten by a better team and the reaction of their crowd to the National Anthem was exceptional.

Well done Ireland from a very proud Englishman!

Cobbydaler 24-02-2007 21:53

Andy Farrell should go as well....

Osem 24-02-2007 21:58

Farrell is a novice and I think needs a bit more time in the A team. The main problem for England was the lineout and lack of good, quick, possession. Discipline was key and the Irish scored two tries whilst England were down to 14 men. It really is time that it's made crystal clear to those who blatantly and studpidly infringe that they will be dropped!

Shadow Demon UK 24-02-2007 22:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobbydaler (Post 34231780)
Andy Farrell should go as well....

I think he needs time to settle, he was the best rugby league player i have ever seen play and i'm sure he will be able to transfer his skills to union. I think it's a bit unfair on him as he has been thrown into the deep end playing six nations rugby for England in his first few games playing union.

Delta Whiskey 24-02-2007 22:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 34231778)
I think the only thing Wales will win this year is the wooden spoon.

I fear you're right. 29-14 at the moment with an hour gone...

DW

Fingy 24-02-2007 22:27

Brilliant game, think I have just about calmed down.

Jonny Who? ;)

Osem 24-02-2007 22:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fingy (Post 34231834)
Brilliant game, think I have just about calmed down.

Jonny Who? ;)

Well only the 4th highest international points scorer of all time if I recall correctly - and that despite being only 27 and having been out of international rugby for over 3 years. Not bad I'd say :)

---------- Post added at 21:44 ---------- Previous post was at 21:40 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow Demon UK (Post 34231827)
I think he needs time to settle, he was the best rugby league player i have ever seen play and i'm sure he will be able to transfer his skills to union. I think it's a bit unfair on him as he has been thrown into the deep end playing six nations rugby for England in his first few games playing union.

Agree there were far more experienced players out there who didn't perform and had no excuses.

Russ 24-02-2007 22:45

Whataloadofcrap.

All that's left for us is a victory against the Saesneg.

Shadow Demon UK 24-02-2007 22:47

Wales - The new Italy :p:

Osem 24-02-2007 22:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow Demon UK (Post 34231865)
Wales - The new Italy :p:

Well to be fair if Gavin Henson spent a little less time waxing his legs and styling his hair they'd have a better chance. :)

Russ 24-02-2007 22:58

It wasn't that long ago we were whipping you lot silly - and those days will return soon :)