Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Installation Issues (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Quickest way to get an install done? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33661563)

Stouffer 12-02-2010 15:41

Quickest way to get an install done?

What would be the quickest way to get an install done?

I've recently had to move property, and after a quickcall to Virgin, they say the earliest I can get BB in my new place would be mid March. The thing is, I rely on this for work so need it as soon as possible. The move was very sudden, so haven't had time to prepare anything.

Is there anyway to try and secure an earlier installation? I know it's cheeky, but it is needed. And due to work, I require it asap. Sky have said a week at most, but I've never had any real issues with Virgin, so would like to stay with them if possible.

Digital Fanatic 12-02-2010 16:05

Re: Quickest way to get an install done?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stouffer (Post 34962702)
What would be the quickest way to get an install done?

I've recently had to move property, and after a quickcall to Virgin, they say the earliest I can get BB in my new place would be mid March. The thing is, I rely on this for work so need it as soon as possible. The move was very sudden, so haven't had time to prepare anything.

Is there anyway to try and secure an earlier installation? I know it's cheeky, but it is needed. And due to work, I require it asap. Sky have said a week at most, but I've never had any real issues with Virgin, so would like to stay with them if possible.

Has the property had cable installed previously? Are there any Omni boxes on the wall?

You may be able to do self-install (Quick-start) if so.

Stouffer 12-02-2010 16:12

As far as I'm awarre, it'd have to be a fresh install

Kymmy 12-02-2010 16:22

Business install? It'll speed things up but you will have to pay for it

Digital Fanatic 12-02-2010 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stouffer (Post 34962731)
As far as I'm awarre, it'd have to be a fresh install

Ah, ok...2 weeks is the norm at the minute for a manned install then, sorry.

Stouffer 12-02-2010 16:59

2 weeks would have been alright, as I said, on the phone he said a month.

Business isn't an option, cash is tight due to the move and work wont pay, they just expect it, lol.

And sorted now anyway, thanks for all that. Ordered the phone + 50mb online, got an installation date of a week tomorrow, so can't complain. Although I have no doubt things will go wrong.

Turkey Machine 12-02-2010 17:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stouffer (Post 34962783)
2 weeks would have been alright, as I said, on the phone he said a month.

He was managing your expectations, in reality it could well be 2 weeks for a fresh install. But you'd have to join the queue, and business rates get priority even if you run a business on a residential connection.

Stouffer 13-02-2010 10:33

Well that's no good at all really. Just had an email saying the 24th. Not an unreasonable timescale in fairness, just a work day. After that, it's back to march.

Which has to make me question, why offer so many dates on the order form, that they can't fulfil? On the phone it was either 24th or 9th, website gave me lots of dates between those 2.

Digital Fanatic 13-02-2010 13:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stouffer (Post 34963052)
Well that's no good at all really. Just had an email saying the 24th. Not an unreasonable timescale in fairness, just a work day. After that, it's back to march.

Which has to make me question, why offer so many dates on the order form, that they can't fulfil? On the phone it was either 24th or 9th, website gave me lots of dates between those 2.

Can you not take the day off? If you need it for work?