Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Sky Q ....likes and dislikes (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33703502)

1andrew1 21-12-2016 17:35

Re: Sky Q ....likes and dislikes

Sky Q featuring on Watchdog tonight. http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/...s-BBC-Watchdog

muppetman11 21-12-2016 17:53

I wondered why Sky kept tweeting about how it had once again received the fewest complaints in the latest Ofcom report.:D

Must admit though bar a few early teething issues mines been rock solid especially of late.

Mr Banana 21-12-2016 19:27

Never had any issues at all with mine in my holiday place. Also have V6 now at home and that works fine as well.

OLDGOLD 12-07-2017 09:42

This thread's gone silent for over 6 months. How are people getting along with their Sky Qs now? Any recent updates that have made it better?

What's the picture quality like for football and movies in UHD? Is it all operated through the red button or separate channels?

What's connectivity like between the main box and the mini?

Stephen 12-07-2017 12:25

Mine has been working great recently.

there was an update to enable 6 recordings at once.

Paul 12-07-2017 12:37

Does it have text menus yet, or still all those bloated images ?

Stephen 12-07-2017 13:06

Text is so outraged lol.

I love the pictures makes it easier to see stuff. Well there are still some parts of the menus that have text until the shows and programmes

Paul 12-07-2017 13:11

Its perfectly easy to see stuff in a list, and see a lot more of it as well.

muppetman11 12-07-2017 15:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLDGOLD (Post 35907455)
This thread's gone silent for over 6 months. How are people getting along with their Sky Qs now? Any recent updates that have made it better?

What's the picture quality like for football and movies in UHD? Is it all operated through the red button or separate channels?

What's connectivity like between the main box and the mini?

There have been quite a few updates since launch

6 recordable tuners with the ability to watch another live is the latest. Voice search has also been added.

The picture quality for UHD football is excellent it is available through either the red button on the HD channel or via the Sports menu.

I had a few minor issues with connectivity when I first got Sky Q however it's been excellent of late especially since the latest update.

OLDGOLD 12-07-2017 16:54

Thanks Muppetman.

Do you know what the video output resolutions are for the box? Are they individually set or does it automatically force the output based on the content?

muppetman11 12-07-2017 17:20

576p , 720p , 1080i , 1080p , 2160p

They are individually set.

telegramsam 13-07-2017 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35907517)
There have been quite a few updates since launch

6 recordable tuners with the ability to watch another live is the latest. Voice search has also been added.

The picture quality for UHD football is excellent it is available through either the red button on the HD channel or via the Sports menu.

I had a few minor issues with connectivity when I first got Sky Q however it's been excellent of late especially since the latest update.

Mine only lets you record 3 different channels whilst watching a recording? Are there different boxes?

muppetman11 13-07-2017 14:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by telegramsam (Post 35907650)
Mine only lets you record 3 different channels whilst watching a recording? Are there different boxes?

Yours should allow you to watch a live channel whilst recording 3 , It will be the 1TB box.

The other is the 2TB box which let's you record upto 6 channels whilst watching a seventh it's also UHD.

telegramsam 13-07-2017 15:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35907662)
Yours should allow you to watch a live channel whilst recording 3 , It will be the 1TB box.

The other is the 2TB box which let's you record upto 6 channels whilst watching a seventh it's also UHD.

Oh right. I didn't realise fully the difference between the 1TB and 2TB boxes. I thought the only difference was more storage capacity.