Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Sky Q ....likes and dislikes (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33703502)

muppetman11 06-09-2016 11:24

Re: Sky Q ....likes and dislikes

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horizon (Post 35857924)
For me, channel ordering is a significant issue and one I've always been critical of on cable as well as Sky. I am very cautious about cancelling VM to go to Sky for this very reason.

I am surprised more people don't complain about this issue because what's the point of having loads of channels if you can't find them?

On Freeview, I've always ordered the channels exactly as I want them and on what channel numbers I want. I wish there was more flexibility to do the same on the pay platforms too.

According to you this won't be a problem for too long as people move away from pay linear channels.:D

Stephen 06-09-2016 12:14

Quote:

For me, channel ordering is a significant issue and one I've always been critical of on cable as well as Sky. I am very cautious about cancelling VM to go to Sky for this very reason.

I am surprised more people don't complain about this issue because what's the point of having loads of channels if you can't find them?

On Freeview, I've always ordered the channels exactly as I want them and on what channel numbers I want. I wish there was more flexibility to do the same on the pay platforms too.

I remember old NTL software used to allow you to move channels about. I wish Sky Q would add the option.

muppetman11 06-09-2016 12:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35857967)
I remember old NTL software used to allow you to move channels about. I wish Sky Q would add the option.

Agreed but it will never happen as the Sky EPG is heavily regulated.

MadGamer 07-09-2016 10:14

What about saving the channels as favourites, would that not make it easier? :)

muppetman11 07-09-2016 10:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadGamer (Post 35858113)
What about saving the channels as favourites, would that not make it easier? :)

You can on Sky+HD however Sky Q doesn't currently have the favourites option.

S_james 07-09-2016 16:49

Quote:

Well whilst you're busy stressing out about channel numbers I've had SkyQ installed and enjoyed some UHD Movies on demand and looking forward to UHD football this weekend.

I watch the channels, not the channel numbers.

martyh 07-09-2016 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by S_james (Post 35858172)
Well whilst you're busy stressing out about channel numbers I've had SkyQ installed and enjoyed some UHD Movies on demand and looking forward to UHD football this weekend.

I watch the channels, not the channel numbers.

what's your verdict on the quality

muppetman11 07-09-2016 18:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyh (Post 35858181)
what's your verdict on the quality

Like most content variable , The Blacklist looks good in UHD as does the football.

I'm very impressed with how quick the UHD On Demand content becomes available almost instantly on my Sky Fibre connection.

Paul 07-09-2016 18:08

Does anyone have images of the inteface, does it still list your recordings, and their status, particularly "Viewed" ?

martyh 07-09-2016 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35858184)
Like most content variable , The Blacklist looks good in UHD as does the football.

I'm very impressed with how quick the UHD On Demand content becomes available almost instantly on my Sky Fibre connection.

Interesting to note that all the UHD content in films has been remastered so presumably there is some catching up to with the film/program makers.

---------- Post added at 19:15 ---------- Previous post was at 19:08 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35858187)
Does anyone have images of the inteface, does it still list your recordings, and their status, particularly "Viewed" ?

I've just had a quick look at my recordings some watched some still to watch and no there is no way to see what has been viewed or part viewed .My biggest gripe with Q is that i feel the interface needs a complete redesign ,far too many unnecessary button pressings to get into certain parts of the menu there is no back button .User friendly it is not

I would consider Sky Q as a work in progress

---------- Post added at 19:42 ---------- Previous post was at 19:15 ----------

Correction ,had to search this solution on the Sky forum

When you have not watched a recording there will be a small white dot on the tile, when you have watched then there will be a thin blue line showing how much of the recording you have watched.

Paul 07-09-2016 21:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyh (Post 35858206)
When you have not watched a recording there will be a small white dot on the tile, when you have watched then there will be a thin blue line showing how much of the recording you have watched.

Hmm, thats really naff then. Looks like we will be staying off Q for the moment.

My family's biggest gripe with Tivo was this lack of being able to tell at a glance if you have viewed something, its one of the reasons we switched back to sky.

martyh 07-09-2016 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35858230)
Hmm, thats really naff then. Looks like we will be staying off Q for the moment.

My family's biggest gripe with Tivo was this lack of being able to tell at a glance if you have viewed something, its one of the reasons we switched back to sky.

Yeah i had to really search the forum to find out what that white dot was and as far as i can see it only shows in the A-Z recording listing .What's wrong with simply saying viewed/part viewed.Definately a work in progress with potential imo and i would be pretty peed off if i was paying the full premium price .

Oh and the wifi connection between the main box and mini boxes is very very flaky ,i've had to have sky put a booster in so my mini box can stay connected works fine now but quite strange how Sky have forward planned the booster availability

muppetman11 07-09-2016 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyh (Post 35858242)
Yeah i had to really search the forum to find out what that white dot was and as far as i can see it only shows in the A-Z recording listing .What's wrong with simply saying viewed/part viewed.Definately a work in progress with potential imo and i would be pretty peed off if i was paying the full premium price .

Oh and the wifi connection between the main box and mini boxes is very very flaky ,i've had to have sky put a booster in so my mini box can stay connected works fine now but quite strange how Sky have forward planned the booster availability

I'm pretty sure powerline will officially be supported soon as the Sky Q hub has just had a firmware update and the powerline option is now back.

I have my mini connected via wifi so far it's been OK although it does seem some have varying connectivity issues , in my opinion powerline should have been a working option from launch. Wifi as Sky's chosen method must be a complete nightmare for their installers in larger homes.

It's no wonder they didn't bother making a UHD Sky Q Mini from launch.:D

martyh 08-09-2016 06:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35858251)
I'm pretty sure powerline will officially be supported soon as the Sky Q hub has just had a firmware update and the powerline option is now back.

I have my mini connected via wifi so far it's been OK although it does seem some have varying connectivity issues , in my opinion powerline should have been a working option from launch. Wifi as Sky's chosen method must be a complete nightmare for their installers in larger homes.

It's no wonder they didn't bother making a UHD Sky Q Mini from launch.:D

Yep i have no idea why the powerline connection wasn't an option from day one ,after all the adapters are built into the hub,silver box and mini boxes ,also the Sky booster 2 ,sometimes the wonderful world of sky makes weird decisions

S_james 09-09-2016 11:42

Is there a plus 24 hour option for the to guide? Because if there is I can't find it. On Sky+HD I just pressed yellow for +24 and I think blue for -24.