Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Sky Q ....likes and dislikes (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33703502)

martyh 23-08-2016 20:29

Re: Sky Q ....likes and dislikes

in addition the touch remote will be getting voice control later this year

muppetman11 29-08-2016 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyh (Post 35855586)
in addition the touch remote will be getting voice control later this year

There may be other new stuff sooner ;)

martyh 29-08-2016 14:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35856477)
There may be other new stuff sooner ;)

ooh do tell

muppetman11 29-08-2016 15:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyh (Post 35856479)
ooh do tell

You'll not have long to wait

martyh 29-08-2016 16:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35856494)
You'll not have long to wait

There should be a law against what you are doing ;).

Any hoo i'm about to order another mini box for the bedroom because despite the changes from Sky+ it is an excellent platform and knocks spots of Virgin .Also i am really tempted to sign up for Sky Movies, ditch Now TV and suck up the price difference just to get the UHD picture quality which is outstanding

martyh 29-08-2016 20:50

just taken Sky cinema at half price for 6 months £9.00

muppetman11 01-09-2016 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyh (Post 35856577)
just taken Sky cinema at half price for 6 months £9.00

I got a similar deal on Sky Sports and Cinema recently.

Stephen 01-09-2016 20:21

I get my Q on the 16th. Just looking though and the Sky channel numbers and grouping seem even worse than VMs.

muppetman11 01-09-2016 20:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35857281)
I get my Q on the 16th. Just looking though and the Sky channel numbers and grouping seem even worse than VMs.

If I'm honest I don't watch much live tv these days with the exception of Sport and I know those channel numbers and go direct , I also tend to only watch HD/UHD these days so I generally just browse through the HD section.

I use search more often than not these days when scheduling recordings plus top picks and new series is pretty helpful.

martyh 01-09-2016 20:42

Quote:

I know what you mean and to make things worse there isn't any favourites anymore ,plenty of people asking on the community forum ,it seems to be a big mis so it may be added at the next update .The only blessing is that there is a separate listing for HD and UHD

---------- Post added at 20:42 ---------- Previous post was at 20:39 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35857285)
If I'm honest I don't watch much live tv these days with the exception of Sport and I know those channel numbers and go direct , I also tend to only watch HD/UHD these days so I generally just browse through the HD section.

I use search more often than not these days when scheduling recordings plus top picks and new series is pretty helpful.

I love the way the films have all been put on demand so much better than a fixed epg and the picture quality justifies the extra cost over Now tv

muppetman11 01-09-2016 20:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyh (Post 35857288)
I know what you mean and to make things worse there isn't any favourites anymore ,plenty of people asking on the community forum ,it seems to be a big mis so it may be added at the next update .The only blessing is that there is a separate listing for HD and UHD

---------- Post added at 20:42 ---------- Previous post was at 20:39 ----------

I love the way the films have all been put on demand so much better than a fixed epg and the picture quality justifies the extra cost over Now tv

All I can say is that if there are things you'd like to see feed it back on the Sky Community forum , the posts are actively monitored by the development team obviously this is still no guarantee they'll change things but the more who ask the greater the chance.

Stephen 01-09-2016 20:45

Am I right in saying that the HD variants of 1-5 are all over the place too?

martyh 01-09-2016 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35857295)

Yep ,it does help having a separate listing for HD though ,as long as you remember it's there ......which i don't :)

muppetman11 01-09-2016 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35857295)

That's down to regulation at the moment nothing to do with Sky.

102 is BBC 2 HD
105 is C5 HD

Horizon 06-09-2016 00:21

Quote:

For me, channel ordering is a significant issue and one I've always been critical of on cable as well as Sky. I am very cautious about cancelling VM to go to Sky for this very reason.

I am surprised more people don't complain about this issue because what's the point of having loads of channels if you can't find them?

On Freeview, I've always ordered the channels exactly as I want them and on what channel numbers I want. I wish there was more flexibility to do the same on the pay platforms too.