Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Cyclist knocked over girl, 3, ‘then didn’t bother to stop to check on her’ (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33700817)

Arthurgray50@blu 21-05-2015 14:49

Cyclist knocked over girl, 3, ‘then didn’t bother to stop to check on her’

http://metro.co.uk/2015/05/21/cyclis...n-her-5208635/

I watched this video in horror, and now l have been right on the comments that l have said about cyclist.

One he was cyclist on the pavement (against the law and a £30 fine) and the other, he didn't give a damn about the young girl that he could have killed

Before Boris waste OUR money for new cycling lanes, l suggest he looks as well.

Cyclist need EDUCATING, before they even take a bike out. I just hope the woman of this poor girl sues, the guy who did this.

But, this is the problem Cyclist don't have Insurance, they can do what they like.

I use a cycle 5 hours per day and abide by the law. I know that the cyclist has given himself up - l hope that police will throw the book at him:mad:

zoombini 22-05-2015 15:31

Re: Cyclist knocked over girl, 3, ‘then didn’t bother to stop to check on her’

And a few other things too.

Sirius 22-05-2015 15:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu (Post 35779171)

I watched this video in horror, and now l have been right on the comments that l have said about cyclist.

One he was cyclist on the pavement (against the law and a £30 fine) and the other, he didn't give a damn about the young girl that he could have killed

Cyclist need EDUCATING, before they even take a bike out. I just hope the woman of this poor girl sues, the guy who did this.

But, this is the problem Cyclist don't have Insurance, they can do what they like.

I use a cycle 5 hours per day and abide by the law. I know that the cyclist has given himself up - l hope that police will throw the book at him:mad:

What a disgusting excuse you have taken to have a dig at Boris who has nothing to do with this except he happens to be from a party you hate :rolleyes:

Your lower than a snakes belly in a wagon rut Arthur

richard s 22-05-2015 15:52

On yer bike Boris. Malta looks good at this time of year.

Stop It 22-05-2015 15:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu (Post 35779171)

What the hell?

You say that the guy was on a pavement cycling illegally, yet then make a dig at Boris for wanting to give cyclists a better option so they are less inclined to break the law?

Do you oppose new roads being built too every time there's a hit and run?

Talk about an irrelevant and stupid comment.

The cyclist in question should be jailed, like anyone else causing injury while on a vehicle and failing to stop should.

Chris 22-05-2015 15:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stop It (Post 35779323)

Do you oppose new roads being built too every time there's a hit and run?

If it's a Tory who wants to build them, yes, he would.

This is the guy who came on here demanding that London get water cannon to fire at students and crusties, and then came back on moaning about Boris wasting money when he actually went out and bought a couple.

Logic, consistency ... these are things that do not feature strongly in Arthur's universe.

MalteseFalcon 22-05-2015 16:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 35779327)

This is the guy who came on here demanding that London get water cannon to fire at students and crusties, and then came back on moaning about Boris wasting money when he actually went out and bought a couple.

Logic, consistency ... these are things that do not feature strongly in Arthur's universe.

Yes, reminds me of Piers Morgan a bit from his first volume of diaries, he got a ban for speeding through a 30 zone. He demanded someone do an article on the ludicrousness of it, when a member of staff reminded him that only the week before he had called for stiffer sentences for speeding drivers.

Sirius 22-05-2015 16:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard s (Post 35779320)
On yer bike Boris. Malta looks good at this time of year.

I going there is a weeks time so you will have some peace.:D

---------- Post added at 16:55 ---------- Previous post was at 16:53 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 35779327)

Pretty sure in volume 2 of Jobs Arthur's has done he said he was a water cannon gunner at some point :LOL:

Arthurgray50@blu 22-05-2015 17:29

Hang on Sirius, before you start ranting an raving at me. Let me put this straight.

Boris, is wasting thousands of pounds of OUR money on cycle lanes, to say that this will help cyclists.

WHAT he should be doing is spending it on EDUCATION for cycle users. This is NOT about banging on because he may be a Tory.

I don't give a toss, what he is. A cyclist knocked down a young girl on the PAVEMENT, going from her house to her car a matter of approx. 5 feets. And just left her there.

I can go into ANY cycle shop, buy a cycle, and ride it out the shop - NO INSURANCE, nothing

I cycle each day in my job - so get off your soapbox. IF you have a family, and they get knocked down by a cyclist. WHAT WOULD YOU DO.

Boris, and his ideas should be educating cyclist first and INSIST on them having INSURANCE cover, it doesn't cost much

dave6x 22-05-2015 17:58

Arthur I have some sympathy with what you are saying. I am a regular walker doing several miles each day on local footpaths, I've been hit twice by illegal cyclists on the footpath and had several near misses and many incidents of verbal abuse for not getting out of their way!!!

I understand that councils have to meet national targets to provide cycleways in their boroughs, however there does not appear to be any requirement to educate cyclists regarding their use. Many of the cycleways being constructed in this area are dual use cycle/walkways however the majority of cyclists seem to believe they have exclusive right of way. When I've asked cyclists when they last looked at the Highway Code you either get a blank look or a F... off, I've even been told by a group of lycra louts that it doesn't apply to cyclists! Ignorance is bliss...NOT!

Sirius 22-05-2015 18:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu (Post 35779344)
Hang on Sirius, before you start ranting an raving at me. Let me put this straight.

Boris, is wasting thousands of pounds of OUR money on cycle lanes, to say that this will help cyclists.

WHAT he should be doing is spending it on EDUCATION for cycle users. This is NOT about banging on because he may be a Tory.

I don't give a toss, what he is. A cyclist knocked down a young girl on the PAVEMENT, going from her house to her car a matter of approx. 5 feets. And just left her there.

I can go into ANY cycle shop, buy a cycle, and ride it out the shop - NO INSURANCE, nothing

I cycle each day in my job - so get off your soapbox. IF you have a family, and they get knocked down by a cyclist. WHAT WOULD YOU DO.

Boris, and his ideas should be educating cyclist first and INSIST on them having INSURANCE cover, it doesn't cost much

So Boris makes the laws in this country does he, i dont see your beloved Labour doing anything about this. If they make them have insurance then it would be for the whole country NOT just in your anti Boris ranting and raving land. :rolleyes:

Hom3r 22-05-2015 20:20

I've just seen the video the cyclist need to go to prison, and if he has a driving license he need to lose it permanently and banned from riding a bike.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-pavement.html

Arthurgray50@blu 22-05-2015 22:35

Sirius, It has nothing to do with Labour, Tories or Lib Dems. It has to do with common sense

Cyclist SHOULD NOT cycle on the pavement, they need educating.

Boris, is spending thousands of pounds introducing cycle lanes, before cyclist first use the roads. They need to learn about the Highway code ete etc.

In Hounslow where l live, there are signs up - saying CYCLING NOT PERMITTED, do cyclist care, NO they do not.

I have been struck by cyclist loads of time. They need educating.

If you drive a car, you watch how many cyclist go through red lights etc etc. I am NOT saying Boris has anything to do with laws of the land.

He spending thousands on something that is a total waste of time

Stephen 23-05-2015 10:34

This has nothing to do with Boris at all.

Cyclists use pavements mainly because they feel scared or intimidated by cars/vans on the road.

I have even done so myself sometimes as I simply do not feel safe on the roads.

However I do not need educating on how to cycle safely. I have common sense and this grants me the ability to be mindful of others.

Yes there are some idiots on bikes but there are also idiots in cars breaking the rules on a daily basis. Going through red lights, parking on pavements, double parking.

In this case yes the guy should have stopped but from his view point the girl just appeared from behind the wall and he probably got a fright as he couldn't see her and with falling of his bike was probably a bit shocked.

He obviously came to his senses as he went to the police himself

martyh 23-05-2015 10:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu (Post 35779388)
Sirius, It has nothing to do with Labour, Tories or Lib Dems. It has to do with common sense

Cyclist SHOULD NOT cycle on the pavement, they need educating.

Boris, is spending thousands of pounds introducing cycle lanes, before cyclist first use the roads. They need to learn about the Highway code ete etc.

In Hounslow where l live, there are signs up - saying CYCLING NOT PERMITTED, do cyclist care, NO they do not.

I have been struck by cyclist loads of time. They need educating.

If you drive a car, you watch how many cyclist go through red lights etc etc. I am NOT saying Boris has anything to do with laws of the land.

He spending thousands on something that is a total waste of time

Arthur, I'm afraid you dug yourself into a big hole ,your contradicting yourself in just about every sentence .Boris is fully aware of the problems with cyclists riding on footpaths so he is spending money on cycleways to encourage them onto the roads.The other consideration is that if insurance ,tax ,and tests where forced on cyclists many would stop being cyclists and start using cars increasing congestion dramatically .