Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   TiVo : Vip 100 and talk unlimited extra (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33690915)

blackthorn 30-11-2012 16:47

Vip 100 and talk unlimited extra

Hi I`ve been on the vip 100 now for quite a while and have been following the tv price rise thread. I noticed someone posted something about free mobile calls from the landline on the vip, so I`ve checked the packages online and there seems to be something called talk unlimted extra which gives free calls to mobiles. This seems to be included on the vip package according to this page
http://store.virginmedia.com/bundles/vip.html
How long has this extra bit been there ? and should I have automatically been put on it if I`m already on the vip package.
Cheers

Harryn9000 01-12-2012 01:23

Re: Vip 100 and talk unlimited extra

it been out for about a month mate i got it and it saved me a fortune on calls

blackthorn 01-12-2012 09:31

I`m a bit confused now. I`ve just rang up to see if these free mobile calls are on my vip package, to be told, as Harryn9000 said that its a new thing that has only been out a month. The cs guy said he can add it to my package for an extra £1.94.
So does this mean that the top vip package that I have been on is no longer the top package and that there is a new top package.

Topgun 01-12-2012 09:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackthorn (Post 35504860)
I`m a bit confused now. I`ve just rang up to see if these free mobile calls are on my vip package, to be told, as Harryn9000 said that its a new thing that has only been out a month. The cs guy said he can add it to my package for an extra £1.94.
So does this mean that the top vip package that I have been on is no longer the top package and that there is a new top package.

Yup, that's pretty much the gist of it. I was in exactly the same position as you and assumed I would automatically be upgraded to the new package, but that isn't the way it works. I did the maths and decided it would be worth it for me to upgrade so phoned up and did so.
I personally think it is another example of VM's unnecessarily complicated pricing and billing structures, but perhaps that's just me!

trickytree 03-12-2012 14:55

So let me get this right.....

I am on VIP100 and have always been on VIP back in the days of when it was VIP and no split when it was 20Mb.
Now I had this argument with them before when last year the VIP package was 100Mb by default so I called up asking why I had not been moved to it from 50Mb.
They said we need you to make the agreement to the change!
What? You changed the package not me and if it's better then why have you not upgraded me accordingly.
Anyway they did that.

Now it seems this phone package is better and included in the VIP price but some of you are being charged more?
If I call up am I going to be charged more even though it's part of the VIP collection I believe I am on already?

blackthorn 03-12-2012 16:11

I think thats what it means Tricky. I didnt know anything about any new vip package until I read about someone getting free mobile calls. As far as I knew I was on the top vip package. The package that you and I are on doesnt seem to exist anymore. My heads all pickled with all these rises and package changes.

Harryn9000 04-12-2012 01:41

it not a package change as such the the phone end of vip has changed but u have to ring up to get it.

BenMcr 04-12-2012 10:17

The previous VIP packages have been replaced by the current VIP Collection. All current VIP bundle customers can go onto it, but it's opt in.

knack 04-12-2012 15:57

I'm very confused. Currently on VIP50 paying £111.21 - I have voicemail plus but will be removing this. Does this figure sound right for my services? How much does voicemail plus cost?

How much will it cost me to add talk unlimited extra?

My area which was due to be upgraded to 100Mb already now wont be until next October. Can I upgrade 'manually' to 100Mb now? How much will that cost.

Thanks.

BenMcr 04-12-2012 17:14

It's possible that you are paying more for your VIP bundle than the collection now costs. To add Talk Unlimited Extra you'd have to move to the current Collection

Dave42 04-12-2012 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenMcr (Post 35506677)
It's possible that you are paying more for your VIP bundle than the collection now costs. To add Talk Unlimited Extra you'd have to move to the current Collection

so does it cost extra to add talk unlimited extra to vip 100 Ben

Mad Max 04-12-2012 17:28

Virgin really make things oh so simple don't they!

BenMcr 04-12-2012 17:29

I don't think you can - you would have to move to the current VIP Collection

Dave42 04-12-2012 17:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenMcr (Post 35506687)
I don't think you can - you would have to move to the current VIP Collection

ok thanks Ben take that would mean a new contract

BenMcr 04-12-2012 17:42

Probably, but I'm not 100% sure